Bisys

They had a large seminar yesterday in Sacramento and I went. Free breakfast and 3 CE credits. They were bought by Crump and will be ditching the Bisys (Citibank) name very soon.

They said that they KNEW that during the past year or so they had neglected to give the kind of service that they used to be known for and they pledged that now that they are once again a non-public company that they are going to regain the trust of agents.

I suppose that the really large brokers get the kind of service from them that they want, but my actual experience as a pip-squeak agency was pretty poor. But the local guys said that they were ramping up to kick some butt and maybe they can make it happen. Personally, I tend to like the guys at CPS better but YMMV.

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

As a Bisys/Crump competitor, I can tell you that I only know of one agent who likes dealing with Bisys, and that's because he's never dealt with anyone else. Everyone else I know who deals with Bisys doesn't like them because of their poor service, but because they have agreements with national accounts (AIG, Lincoln Financial, and formerly MAssMutual career agents), they get business.

Our GA and just about every other GA can beat their commissions, we can offer advances, and we provide good service. I keep waiting for Bisys to crash, but for somereason other companies like Crump and Citibank keep buying them and bailing them out.

I have always been very pleased with the service at Bisys.

My B/D has an agreement with them, so we have our own dedicated service team. That may make the difference.

If you're big--they're great
If you're small--you're not the agent their looking for

I've heard pros and cons with Bisys but previous posts are right, just about everyone else out there can give out the same or better commissions.

I like the GA I use, they specialize just in Life and Annuities, specifically impaired risk cases and advanced sales.

Back