Black Americans More Likely To Buy Life Insurance Than General Population

I was trained to high pressure close...throw enough sh!t against the wall and a certain amount will stick.

When I stopped the high pressure and began to talk less and listen more, I started selling more and my kickbacks almost disappeared. :yes:

Had the opportunity to be mentored by a guy called Dave (not Duford) many years ago doing D2D cold knocking cancer plans. I watched how he would slouch in his chair ask questions and smile under a big mustache while shaking his head in agreement. Low and slow are still the best way to overcome objections in my mind... this is not to say the proper way is to answer them before you get there. Back to listening well.

"A fool convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

I dont buy this study too much. First it is funded by LIMRA so it will have a bias. Second if this were true, captive insurance companies would be flooded with black managers, they are not. Third, I know life companies redline zip codes of HNW areas to sell cash value life insurance, ,they try to recruit from these areas and I am sure they underwrite a HNW client different than a low income zip code. So it is no wonder generally speaking black Americans are marketed less and they own less life insurance so you will get results saying they need more coverage. It would be interesting to study just the top 1 percent of Americans and to see if there is still a difference in life insurance ownership from black to non-black Americans. I suspect there is no significant difference at the top end.

Couldn't agree more with the fact that Black Americans are indeed more likely to buy insurance. And my idea for this comes from the fact that it is black Americans who are lower to whites in terms of economic stability. Secondly, as per the recent unemployment stats, the rate for blacks is twice that of whites. So it seems all the more believable that they are financially less secure and more likely to save on whatever they have.

Back