Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Disscontinues 3 Limited Plans....

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Three Under 65 Major Medical Individual Texas Products Are Being Discontinued
In response to the legislative provisions associated with health care reform, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) has decided to discontinue three existing products: PPO Select Value® Care SM, PPO Select BasicSM and Foundation Hospital Care.
All sales materials, except for the Application/Miscellaneous Change Forms that can be used to make changes to existing policies, are being removed from bcbstx.com the evening of July 29, 2010.
  • Please note:
  • All members currently enrolled in these plans will be unaffected.
  • New applicants will not be able to apply online for these products after July 29, 2010.
  • Paper applications received by August 13, 2010, will be processed.
  • Paper applications received after August 13, 2010, will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
  • The last effective date processed for these products will be September 15, 2010.
For more information, please contact your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Broker Services Representative at 1-800-531-4457, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Central Time.
Sincerely,
Randy Starns
Director, Consumer Markets
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

Re: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Disscontinues 3 Limited Plans

Three Under 65 Major Medical Individual Texas Products Are Being Discontinued
In response to the legislative provisions associated with health care reform, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) has decided to discontinue three existing products: PPO Select Value® Care SM, PPO Select BasicSM and Foundation Hospital Care.
All sales materials, except for the Application/Miscellaneous Change Forms that can be used to make changes to existing policies, are being removed from bcbstx.com the evening of July 29, 2010.
  • Please note:
  • All members currently enrolled in these plans will be unaffected.
  • New applicants will not be able to apply online for these products after July 29, 2010.
  • Paper applications received by August 13, 2010, will be processed.
  • Paper applications received after August 13, 2010, will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
  • The last effective date processed for these products will be September 15, 2010.
For more information, please contact your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Broker Services Representative at 1-800-531-4457, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Central Time.
Sincerely,
Randy Starns
Director, Consumer Markets
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

Just got the same email today as well......

Medicare Supplements

Last edited:

Joe can afford it.

At least for now.

After Obamacare he will have to give up his grandfathered plan and buy something decent.

with an out of pocket max of $30,000....really........

Actually it is $10,000 individual and $20,000 family max OOP on the Plan I.

This plan has NO deductible and 50% coverage AFTER negotiated rates, which appear to average in the 50% range overall. 50% payout after 50% reduction = 75% off in my book.

I just took my daughter to the ER last month which was $700 (surprisingly low btw..). It was negotiated down to $400 which we split at $200 each.

$200 for an ER visit? Sign me up.

Month prior everyone was sick in Mexico. I paid cash, filed claim upon return and 10 days later I received a check in the mail for exactly half of what I paid out in cash (obviously no negotiated rates...).

I could put them on a HSA (which they were on with Unicare), and have $5000 to $1000 before them pay just about anything, or bump the OOP to $20,000 but have dollar one coverage the whole ride...

I have 3 very little ones - we played the HSA game since 2003 (I still do on my own personal policy). I paid out a small fortune in claims, not to mention the maternity I was screwed on (wait, that didn't sound good... lol)...

Value Care in my opinion was a hidden gem I pay $337/mo for wife AND 3 kids with NO deductible... Of course this rate won't hold post ObamaCare. From a sales perspective the plan didn't sit well with my clients as it was only 50% coinsurance and high OOP.

I guess the point of this post - we can all look back on the "good ole days" when there were options like this available and not a "one size" fits all approach. The innovation, competition, and choices are already beginning to fade - which is a huge loser for the public.

Are you suggesting that health insurance will be different in the future? Well, as long as I can still get quality care without an undue wait like they have in Canada I'll be satisfied.

Rick

Actually it is $10,000 individual and $20,000 family max OOP on the Plan I.

This plan has NO deductible and 50% coverage AFTER negotiated rates, which appear to average in the 50% range overall. 50% payout after 50% reduction = 75% off in my book.

I just took my daughter to the ER last month which was $700 (surprisingly low btw..). It was negotiated down to $400 which we split at $200 each.

$200 for an ER visit? Sign me up.

Month prior everyone was sick in Mexico. I paid cash, filed claim upon return and 10 days later I received a check in the mail for exactly half of what I paid out in cash (obviously no negotiated rates...).

I could put them on a HSA (which they were on with Unicare), and have $5000 to $1000 before them pay just about anything, or bump the OOP to $20,000 but have dollar one coverage the whole ride...

I have 3 very little ones - we played the HSA game since 2003 (I still do on my own personal policy). I paid out a small fortune in claims, not to mention the maternity I was screwed on (wait, that didn't sound good... lol)...

Value Care in my opinion was a hidden gem I pay $337/mo for wife AND 3 kids with NO deductible... Of course this rate won't hold post ObamaCare. From a sales perspective the plan didn't sit well with my clients as it was only 50% coinsurance and high OOP.

I guess the point of this post - we can all look back on the "good ole days" when there were options like this available and not a "one size" fits all approach. The innovation, competition, and choices are already beginning to fade - which is a huge loser for the public.

That is his Plan all along.

Medicare Supplemental Quotes
Medicare Supplement
American Seniors Insurance Medicare Supplement

Last edited:
Back