Blue Cross Letter Went Out

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
My client received the letter yesterday about her having to change plans so get ready for the calls.

Yeah. My clients started calling last Friday. As far as I remember grandmothered or grandfathered plans will not received a continuation proposal under a new product in 2016. I may be wrong though. But if it's true why wouldn't BCBSIL do that? Did anyone hear about it?

Blue Cross filed to cancel the Grandmothered plans. State approved it a couple months ago. I don't remember when that notification letter will go out, but I referenced it in the most recent Blue Cross thread.

The BCBSIL Grandfathered plans were approved for a premium increase by the State just last week, on 9/24/2015. I've attached the BCBSIL/DOI approval document to this post.

Overall, there will be much upheaval for our individual and family clients. LOLH is driving me nuts by not saying a word, other than the e-mail last week stating that clients will be receiving a letter in the mail soon. With ObamaCare Coops like LOLH failing nationwide (21% of them so far..) I'm feeling increasingly uneasy about this overall situation in Illinois.

BTW... I just logged into BCBSIL.com agent area. There's nothing in there to help us with clients, like the past 2 years. Usually there's a list of people and also the letters they will be receiving. This is terrible.

Attachments

• BCBSIL-Grandfathered Plans-2016 Premium Increase.pdf
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
Oh my goodness..no wonder people are panicking. Just to comply with the mandatory 90-day rule, BCBSIL sent out the attached letter last week.

It says only what the law requires it to say, and no more.

Now, clients will have to spend all of October wondering their 2016 fate may be. Probably agents too, since the Feds have yet to approve the rate requests from IL insurers. The government (HHS) says they'll approve or deny them by mid-October.

But, since BCBSIL is requesting an average increase of 32% and is being pressured by HHS to reduce that number, it may take longer than mid-October. Or maybe not. BCBS-NM asked for a 43% increase. Govt said "No!". In response, they withdrew from the state for 2016.
ac

Attachments

• BCBSIL-IMDR-90DayDisco-IL-091715 (1).pdf
    518 KB · Views: 3
Back