Blue Cross Truly Nationwide Coverage?

Al, you've mentioned six-figure incomes in about the last half dozen posts.

Well that's what everyone seems to suggest they make. You have as well in previous posts, although knowing you as I do, and knowing that your temperament is not well suited to this industry I don't understand how or why you do so well. I would have thought that you would struggle in this business... seeing as you are hardly a "people person." Anyway, it seems that most people with as many years in this business as you have (it's what... 15 now?) have a book of renewals and do well.

I get the feeling that it bothers you that you've never earned more the $25,000 in any year selling insurance.

I don't know where you get your figures from, but they are not accurate. However, unlike you and others I will not make six figures... but I'm not all that far away. I should hit that by the end of 2010. Of course, I'm about 25% retired ("semi" would mean half), I concentrate prospecting for and writing larger life cases (buy-sell, special need trust, etc.) in three upscale areas in and near where I live, and I'm enjoying building the practice (especially on the golf course !)

As you know (and have commented pejoratively on in the past... talk about jealousy!) I have an investment income that provides to a large degree (but not totally) for our needs (We're a one-earner household seeing as my wife is on federal disability from being crippled by arthritis.) I made good, safe, low-risk, solid financial and real estate decisions in my 30s, 40s and 50s and now that I'm in my 60s, the investment goals set many years ago are starting to come due... just as planned. Rick, you and I are about the same age? Where are you in your financial master plan? You doing OK as well? Or did you have a lot of market exposure the past twenty four months? (If you, like me, hedged (i.e. "insured) most of your larger long positions with (way) out-of-the-money put options for a "doomsday scenario" (like what we've been though!) you should be fine... and probably made a little money as so many others have.)

Maybe your rage is based on jealousy?

No, my rage is based on the fact that greedy agents in this industry have no social conscience. I don't know where you stand on the issue of a national system, but again you have shown yourself to be totally self-centered so I can only assume that you would not favor a system that would be best for most Americans even if it would be worse for you as an agent. I'd be happy to be wrong about that... but since you don't even believe in God (your choice and privilege,) I would have serious doubts that you believe in a greater good or any kind of social contract. With you, Rick... I just don't see a man with much concern for his fellow citizens.

Or since you've proved time and again that you really don't understand the purpose of insurance, maybe you're just lashing out because you're confused.

Yes. Of course. I see what you mean... and I understand how you arrived at that conclusion. I understand the way you think. But look at it from another side. Mike knows you. I know you. Everyone on this board knows you... and how you think. Some will believe you... but I have to believe that most won't. Still, if this is what you believe, and if you are happy in this belief, more power to you. I've finally learned not to antagonize you. As I told Mike, it is best not to take what you say personally.

Al

Al3: What is wrong with you? Why don't you get off this board - go make some more money - and in turn take care of your family and do something positive rather than sticking your finger in everybody elses eye. Go home and stand in the corner by yourself with a mirror and see if you like living with yourself.

I don't think he has anything better to do. His expensive wife he refers to has probably driven him crazy. Everytime I read a post of his, I think of a raging insane maniac in a straight jacket locked in a padded room. He has so much anger inside of him. Poor guy.

I don't think he has anything better to do. His expensive wife he refers to has probably driven him crazy. Everytime I read a post of his, I think of a raging insane maniac in a straight jacket locked in a padded room. He has so much anger inside of him. Poor guy.

You and Healthguy are what? Maybe nineteen years old or perhaps twenty? You both express yourselves here like college students. I can only hope you are more mature around clients.

Listen to yourselves.

Moan, moan, moan. Sophomoric insults. Cute put-downs.

Grow up guys. This is real life... not a frat party. In real life you will meet people who... believe it or not... disagree with you... and whom... believe it or not... you will in turn disagree with.

Put on some maturity... and get over it. Learn to disagree with the issue, and not insult the messenger. You will do far better in this business if and when you approach people (i.e. clients) with an open mind and, if nothing else, treat them with a bit of dignity befitting your position.

Do you want to be dismissed as a dumb college kid or do you want to be respected as a person who can offer solutions to the serious financial issues that a client brings to you?

Your choice.

Al,

If you were not such an over the top *** I would not post anything here in your response but let me tell you a little about me. I am a 36 y/o, former Marine whom also grew up in this industry. I know, 36 compared to 61 is young but is a big difference from 19. My father owned one of the largest independent agencies in the state. I have worked in this industry a long time. Al, don't try and call me inmature or unprofessional. Listen to yourself. This will be the last post from me regarding anything you have to say in this forum or any other. I truly hope that you some day will find happiness.

Al,

If you were not such an over the top *** I would not post anything here in your response but let me tell you a little about me.

I can't wait.

I am a 36 y/o, former Marine whom also grew up in this industry.

Obviously with a silver spoon in his mouth.

I know, 36 compared to 61is young but is a big difference from 19.

Age is as age acts. I know lots of 19 years olds with far more common sense than 36 year olds.

My father owned one of the largest independent agencies in the state.

Make that a golden spoon!

I have worked in this industry a long time.

Define work... when Daddy owns the agency!

Al, don't try and call me inmature [sic] or unprofessional.

If it walks like a duck... quacks like a duck...

This will be the last post from me regarding anything you have to say in this forum or any other.

Really? Honestly?

I truly hope that you some day will find happiness.

If what you said above is true... than perhaps I just have.

Honestly Al, do you ever have anything nice to say? I know you don't like me, but do you need to make an enemy of everyone here? And don't give me all the bullshit about the PM's you receive - because it's just that, bullshit.

I've posted this before but I don't post on a KKK forum and you shouldn't post here.

Rick

Honestly Al, do you ever have anything nice to say?

I think you are terrific. How's that?

I know you don't like me, but do you need to make an enemy of everyone here?

If people see me as an enemy instead of a colleague who disagrees with them on certain (many? all?) issues, then so be it. That's their karma, not mine.

I've posted this before but I don't post on a KKK forum and you shouldn't post here.

You are probably right. But I (want to) think (and hope) that maybe there are a few lurkers here who want to see a different position on industry issues than that of the resident right-wing, greedy, America-love-it-or-STFU, poorly educated but overly verbose, insurance agent.

But again, I think you are probably right. Fortunately for you and everyone else, I'm only here on weekends and holiday periods. After the first of the year I'll go back into hiding during the business week... which should make you and those who share your concerns... happy.

After the first of the year I'll go back into hiding during the business week... which should make you and those who share your concerns... happy.
For most of us, after the first of the year, WE'LL BE WORKING DURING THE BUSINESS WEEK.

Can you hide yourself so well you can't be found?

Rick

For most of us, after the first of the year, WE'LL BE WORKING DURING THE BUSINESS WEEK.

Can you hide yourself so well you can't be found?

I'll go live with Winter. He and I are "very close," if you know what I mean. :yes:

Back