Books for those in the biz

Thanks to everyone for the posts. I have the Gitomer books and I concur that the easy ones to read are really the ones that are most helpful. I like direct and concrete versus the cliche crap. I have read The Secret and I understand that positive thinking creates a positive atmosphere and therefore positive results. The concrete ideas are really most helpful.

Thanks Again

Thanks to everyone for the posts. I have the Gitomer books and I concur that the easy ones to read are really the ones that are most helpful. I like direct and concrete versus the cliche crap. I have read The Secret and I understand that positive thinking creates a positive atmosphere and therefore positive results. The concrete ideas are really most helpful.

Thanks Again

I'm in the process of writing a series of books about insurance similar to how "The Secret" focuses on personal growth. The first book's tentative title is "Hard Work " although I'm also considering "Soft Work" as I don't want to offend anybody and make them think that selling insurance is hard.
I'll give members of this forum 50% off the work if they will write me a testimonial about the book by endorsing the Soft Work modality.

2nd book will be named "The 20 Hour Work Week!" followed by the last installment, "Get on your ass and Sell: A Complete Guide to Selling Insurance Online!"

I still reread Bettger's book all the time, usually a short section while on the throne. You can't argue with the basics.

You can't earn a commission until you write an applcation.
You can't write an application until you make a presentation.
You can't make a presentation until you complete a fact-finder.
You can't complet a fact-finder until you have prospect.
You can't have a prospect until you make a sales call.

So, this whole business of selling boils down to making a sales call. I know that wasn't his exact phrasing in the book, I don't have it with me right now, but it's a hell of a point.

Back