Business Growth

My clients who can afford Med Supp or who I could get grants for are almost all in Med Supp so I don't expect to have many switching sides but moving from plan to plan is always possible. I want to grow and I know retention is king so I am trying to stay on my client's minds for all the right reasons. I have reached the point where my book is hard to manage solo and I definitely think a dedicated assistant will be need in the fall.

You are definitely past the point of needing a good CRM. It just so happens that we have just launched one of the most robust CRMs with AI included. Give me a call sometime and we'll show it to you.

Yeah i definitely wouldn't want to many eggs in the Humana basket going in to 2025.i have heard that UHC will probably be taking more market share in 2025 since they didn't overspend on benefits in 2024 like some other MA's did and the plans that are strictly buying enrollment with ridicules benefits in hopes of being bought out ( i'm looking at you Devoted) are really going to be hurting.

All the MA carriers took a hit on earnings last year . . . some more than others.

They failed to adequately project utilization.

This will eventually have an impact on basic benefits (copayment's) and extend to the extras including giveback, dental, vision, etc.

Humana on Thursday released a profit outlook for 2024 that fell well short of Wall Street’s already-diminished expectations, as the health insurer continues to be plagued by high medical spending on seniors.

The Louisville, Kentucky-based payer expects to bring in $16 in adjusted earnings per share in 2024 — a whopping $13 short of analysts’ consensus expectations. In comparison, Humana brought in $26.09 in adjusted earnings per share this year.

Humana also rescinded its earnings target for 2025. The health insurer’s stock plunged 15% in morning trade Thursday following the results.

Other insurers, including UnitedHealth and Elevance, have also said they’re seeing high medical costs that first rose last year continue into 2024.

More seniors received “short stay” or brief admissions into the hospital, while fewer underwent observation visits in the emergency room

Short-stay admissions have a four times higher average cost than an observation event

The changes, which kicked in Jan. 1, require MA plans to comply with coverage determinations in traditional Medicare, and are expected to result in more care being approved (and correspondingly, more payer spending).

“We did have an expectation as a result of those changes that we will see a larger number of inpatient authorizations approved where in the old model they may have been downgraded say to an ER or observation event or denied for medical necessity

Back