California DBA Name Sole Proprietorship for New Agency form needed

JoKat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello everyone:

In CA, what form do I need to file using a DBA for a Sole Proprietorship.

Later, after marriage, I will like to do a DBA as a married couple. How will that affect my filing. If so, then what would I need to do?

Thanks

file using a DBA for a Sole Proprietorship.
File with whom? The IRS? The DOI? The Secretarty of State? A given Insurer?

Lets start off with a more basic question? Do you even have the ability to use that DBA in the state of California as an insurance professional? You need to screen for that.

Is your DBA anything other than some close derivation of your own name?

File with whom? The IRS? The DOI? The Secretarty of State? A given Insurer?

Lets start off with a more basic question? Do you even have the ability to use that DBA in the state of California as an insurance professional? You need to screen for that.

Is your DBA anything other than some close derivation of your own name?
I need to file with the DOI.

Do you even have the ability to use that DBA in the state of California as an insurance professional? I believe so, but first I have to file the "FORM" in question.

I would start here.

Read this.

Then, go here and confirm no one has a name similar to yours.

Then you need to consider if this is simply a DBA or some version of a Corporation? You do NOT want to go back and have to redo this if you incorporate.

And there is no current obvious form, which is somewhat what I remember. I would call them 1-800-927-4357. It is far better to call and wait on hold to ask them fill out the wrong form.

I would start here.

Read this.

Then, go here and confirm no one has a name similar to yours.

Then you need to consider if this is simply a DBA or some version of a Corporation? You do NOT want to go back and have to redo this if you incorporate.

And there is no current obvious form, which is somewhat what I remember. I would call them 1-800-927-4357. It is far better to call and wait on hold to ask them fill out the wrong form.

Thank you for the information. I filed for the requested DBA through Sircon Business Entity Name Request. I did check on the license name as you suggested and found my DBA is not used by anyone else.

How far away are you from walking down the aisle? If that is imminent why not file that name instead of editing later?

How far away are you from walking down the aisle? If that is imminent why not file that name instead of editing later?

It will be a few years and the DBA name would remain the same. Just need to file a new DBA at the county.

Back