California - Name That Exchange

I was thinking the same thing. I would have done it for $5 on Fiver. Just had to look at Cover Florida name.

Plus, the article states that "Covered California" represents an action verb. To me, isn't that past tense?? Should have left off the "ed" and left it as "Cover", an action verb representing a future action. Morons in CA I'll tell yah.

Californians! By making it past tense they are archiving the name for decades. If it was current tense the name would be invalid as soon as subsidy funding dries up and leaves the pool to stagnate.

The article also says that plans/companies sold through the "Covered California" exchange to San Diego residents will be different from those sold to people in Los Angelos, which will be different from the plans/companies sold to residents of the San Francisco area.

Does this mean that a San Diego resident would be "out of network" if she needed medical care in another part of the state? I guess keeping it simple wouldn't make the people in charge of this thing seem important enough, or give them long-term job security.

Reminds me of how the manager of our local Target store has things re-arranged all the time to make him seem indispensible. In reality, he's an annoyance to the customers.
-ac

Are there 850 of you that want to hang it up and go work for the exchange? I know after listening to the calif call, the IFP exchange will not be collecting premium, but the SHOP exchange will be. Looks like they've taken the route of fee assessments on carriers to generate revenue to pay for the overhead.

California exchange to need 850 customer service reps | LifeHealthPro

Juli Baker has told exchange managers in a written report, for example, that Covered California managers to expect to fill 850 people to do customer support.

In 2015, for example, managers are predicting that the exchange programs could be serving 1.6 million people, collecting $8.6 billion in premium revenue, and getting $258 million in revenue from assessments on participating health plans.

Are there 850 of you that want to hang it up and go work for the exchange? I know after listening to the calif call, the IFP exchange will not be collecting premium, but the SHOP exchange will be. Looks like they've taken the route of fee assessments on carriers to generate revenue to pay for the overhead.

California exchange to need 850 customer service reps | LifeHealthPro

Juli Baker has told exchange managers in a written report, for example, that Covered California managers to expect to fill 850 people to do customer support.

In 2015, for example, managers are predicting that the exchange programs could be serving 1.6 million people, collecting $8.6 billion in premium revenue, and getting $258 million in revenue from assessments on participating health plans.

Let's do the math. $8.6 billion in premium divided by 1.6 million people = an $5,375 annual premium per person ($447.92 monthly). The 1.6 million people is comprised of men, women and children, and most of the enrollees in the exchange would be families. So, for a family of four, that's a $21,500 annual ($1791.67 monthly) as an average family-of-four premium. According to Kaiser's report September 2012, the average family premium for employer-sponsored group health insurance in California was $15, 745. Individual/family plans cost even less.

$258 million in "assesments" on 8.6 billion in premium is 3% commission - opps "assessment" - for the exchange's services of marketing and enrolling people (i.e. - our job).

Last edited:
Back