Calling Aged Life Leads

Bob,

As agents we don't have much choice with the crappy quality of leads that lead vendors are selling us. We wouldn't even think about aged leads if we could buy real time at a decent ROI.

5 years ago I could buy real time exclusive leads from most lead vendors and make a great living. What happened to those days? I know the lead companies have it in them to produce quality leads...I experienced them myself.

If real time lead vendors stepped up their game, there wouldn't be a market for aged leads.

In my opinion and in a perfect world for agents and consumers, every lead would be exclusive, but it's not that way. Us independent agents have to fight against the big budgets and technology of call centers. For many agents, the solution is aged leads less than 90 days old because the ROI is higher than real-time leads with less risk.

You may not agree with aged leads being sold and I respect your opinion- but you're not the one trying to make a living off these real-time leads. IMHO, instead of doing everything you can stop aged leads, why not do everything you can to support quality real-time leads. Crappy real-time leads are the bane of the internet lead business.

I am interested in speaking with you asap on the topic of buying aged leads, I am in the market and live in Austin as well. My number is 210-836-7109. Thanks! Jonathan

Aged leads can work, but if you drill down on your targeted demographic effectively, that makes all the difference.

When I worked in mortgages, we got leads based on credit, debt to income, zip code, home value, and 12 others. Drill down the list, and the cash will follow.

Scott,
You need to be calling over 500 per day to give yourself a real chance with aged life insurance leads. That's about 3 hours on the dialer.

I sold aged leads full time for over a year and currently help other agents sell aged life insurance leads over the phone. The agents who consistently dial over 500 leads a day see a good ROI, the others who don't make at least 500 calls a day fail and never buy a list again because "aged leads don't work"...In reality, the agent just doesn't work.

For starters, 1,000 aged leads isn't enough anymore. It used to be, but the market is more saturated now. I recommend agents buy 2,000 aged leads at a time (Shouldn't cost you more than $700 for 2,000 leads, if it does, PM me) and you'll never have to worry about calling your list too many times in a week.

In your situation with 1,000 leads, just call the list - it's ok to call an aged a couple times a week.
Thanks for the post. Those are very interesting numbers. Do you still sell aged FE leads or know some companies that do?

JROOT has it right. The older they are the more calls you need. If you have only, 1,000 call them all and probably 2-4 times each.

----------

Scott,
You need to be calling over 500 per day to give yourself a real chance with aged life insurance leads. That's about 3 hours on the dialer.

I sold aged leads full time for over a year and currently help other agents sell aged life insurance leads over the phone. The agents who consistently dial over 500 leads a day see a good ROI, the others who don't make at least 500 calls a day fail and never buy a list again because "aged leads don't work"...In reality, the agent just doesn't work.

For starters, 1,000 aged leads isn't enough anymore. It used to be, but the market is more saturated now. I recommend agents buy 2,000 aged leads at a time (Shouldn't cost you more than $700 for 2,000 leads, if it does, PM me) and you'll never have to worry about calling your list too many times in a week.

In your situation with 1,000 leads, just call the list - it's ok to call an aged a couple times a week.

Thanks Jeff thats great information. Can you PM me as I'd like to ask you about sources for aged FE leads. (Your box is full and not accepting PM's) BTW, just ordered your book from Amazon and it looks great.

----------

Scott,

Thanks Jeff thats great information. Can you PM me as I'd like to ask you about sources for aged FE leads. (Your box is full and not accepting PM's) BTW, just ordered your book from Amazon and it looks great.

My experience with many lead companies is they say their real time leads are "exclusive" but they purchased them from another site and will be sold off to other agents 10mins after you get it. They say their shared leads are only shared 3 times max but really they are shared 5 times or more. Their LT's are all screened poorly and they want you to bid up per call to increase volume,in some cases over way over $100 per call, but send over trash anyway. Lets not forget that the same lead companies also have insurance offices so you get the scraps. Crazy how things are.

I think one solution for the whole "exclusive lead" situation is rather than paying people for leads, pay people to generate leads to YOUR website. This way you control the process and ensure you own the lead and it is truly exclusive. I agree it is a scary world out there buying an "exclusive" lead that is called 3-4 times by other agents.

I think one solution for the whole "exclusive lead" situation is rather than paying people for leads, pay people to generate leads to YOUR website. This way you control the process and ensure you own the lead and it is truly exclusive. I agree it is a scary world out there buying an "exclusive" lead that is called 3-4 times by other agents.

I like the concept of this idea. Can you share a possible approach to making this happen?

Scottie, I can help you w/calls a few days per week on that list of 1000. I know when to call, what to say and you would just compensate me per each one we see-not hourly. PM me if you'd like to talk about it. I am in MO.

Back