Can I Be Employed By More Than One Insurance Agency As an LSP?

Nbenne

Error

state exam for P&C on Nov. 22, 2015 and it has been a Financial Struggle. Seems like most Agency owners are looking for Telemarketers that are over worked and under paid. Since I passed my State Exam, I haven't been able to find work within The Agency that employed me before I became an LSP, which was the same Agency that referred me to get my license in the first place. I am Grateful for the opportunity but without the right Tools and Support System from the Agency Owner, I haven't been able to write any Business. There's Not Much Opportunity working for one Agency so I wanted to know if it was within State guidelines to work as an Independent LSP with several Agencies...

Last edited:
Hello LSP's! I recently passed my state exam for P&C on Nov. 22, 2015 and it has been a Financial Struggle. Seems like most Agency owners are looking for Telemarketers that are over worked and under paid. Since I passed my State Exam, I haven't been able to find work within The Agency that employed me before I became an LSP, which was the same Agency that referred me to get my license in the first place. I am Grateful for the opportunity but without the right Tools and Support System from the Agency Owner, I haven't been able to write any Business. There's Not Much Opportunity working for one Agency so I wanted to know if it was within State guidelines to work as an Independent LSP with several Agencies...

What is an LSP?

Owners of any type of brokerage business r always looking for 1 thing.....producers who can bring in files n close them.

What is the agency lacking or not providing?

LSP is an Allstate acronym for Licensed Sales Producer.

I doubt an Allstate agent would share a producer with another agency. The trust factor of where the business is going would be more then they could handle.

Contact local agencies. Someone will take a gamble on a newly licensed producer.

I doubt an Allstate agent would share a producer with another agency. The trust factor of where the business is going would be more then they could handle.

Contact local agencies. Someone will take a gamble on a newly licensed producer.

Thanks for that input.

I would also think it depends on what level license that is an the state laws. OP doesn't indicate where she's located.

What is an LSP?

Owners of any type of brokerage business r always looking for 1 thing.....producers who can bring in files n close them.

What is the agency lacking or not providing?

I completely understand that's the main purpose of an Agent but a Strong Agrency Support System can make a huge difference when it comes to how much an Agent Produces. My Boss Asked me to come into the office for 12 hrs a week & during That time I'm making Atleast 50 calls out, Answering Calls, Dashboard, WSR's, Endorsements, Work Items & To Do's. I've been there for 3 Months & the only new business I was able to generate was the Family, Friends & Prospects that I reffered to The Agency. If I'm not out in The Field getting Leads, how can I be Consistant with Production? Not one Policy was written from the Call Lists provided by The Agency. I'm a Hard Worker & I go Above The Call Of Duty but I Need an Agency who can Provide Better Opportunity for Me In Return. Thank You for your Reply!

----------

I've worked for 2 different agencies over the last 3 years & there is absolutely no Loyalty from The Agency. As Soon as better Opportunity walks thru the door, They will replace you no matter what you brought to the Table so I just figured it would be ok for Me to take advantage of what ever Opportunity that comes my way within the legal limitations of what's required from a Licensed Agent. Thanks For The Reply!

I completely understand that's the main purpose of an Agent but a Strong Agrency Support System can make a huge difference when it comes to how much an Agent Produces. My Boss Asked me to come into the office for 12 hrs a week & during That time I'm making Atleast 50 calls out, Answering Calls, Dashboard, WSR's, Endorsements, Work Items & To Do's. I've been there for 3 Months & the only new business I was able to generate was the Family, Friends & Prospects that I reffered to The Agency. If I'm not out in The Field getting Leads, how can I be Consistant with Production? Not one Policy was written from the Call Lists provided by The Agency. I'm a Hard Worker & I go Above The Call Of Duty but I Need an Agency who can Provide Better Opportunity for Me In Return. Thank You for your Reply!

----------

I've worked for 2 different agencies over the last 3 years & there is absolutely no Loyalty from The Agency. As Soon as better Opportunity walks thru the door, They will replace you no matter what you brought to the Table so I just figured it would be ok for Me to take advantage of what ever Opportunity that comes my way within the legal limitations of what's required from a Licensed Agent. Thanks For The Reply!

I don't know what that means, but it Sounds about Right. You want to produce and keep your own customers.

1. Are you getting a salary?
2. your not getting a piece of the policies written?
3. Where is this COLD CALL list coming from---who you pitching?

~

I don't know what that means, but it Sounds about Right. You want to produce and keep your own customers.

~

Yes!!! I would like to be the assigned agent if I generated the business, not just paid out a small percentage of the commission. I was paid for the hours I worked but the hours were not guaranteed so it wasn't a Secured position. The call list was provided by the Agent and I also used The Dashboard and Unsold Quotes in The Alliance System. Nobody ever called back and if I was lucky enough to get thru, as soon as they realized where I was calling from, they would hang up the phone or ask to be removed from the call lists. The lists that are rotating amongs the Agencies is basically exhausted but both Agencies that I worked for refused to invest in new Prospects. If I have to purchase my own leads, what do I need the Agency for? I was mainly reaching out to Auto, Home & Life Insurance Prospects

----------

~

Would you happen to know the best way to go about generating strong leads/prospects for Auto & Home?

Have you joined any local groups to find new lead sources...hobbies, networking meetings, etc... You state that you have gone above and beyond...but it seems that more often not, when people say this, it may seem like it to them, but may not generally be the case.

What city and state are you located in? Maybe someone here can give you a shot at a more aggressive agency

Have you joined any local groups to find new lead sources...hobbies, networking meetings, etc... You state that you have gone above and beyond...but it seems that more often not, when people say this, it may seem like it to them, but may not generally be the case.

What city and state are you located in? Maybe someone here can give you a shot at a more aggressive agency

Above and beyond within my means. I just passed my state exam, I have no experience as far as being an agent. No prior training, so I'm kind of lost as to how I should go about things. I'm in NY! I agree as far as having a more agressive agency behind me. Thanks for the feed back

Where in NY? I know quite a few great Agents and may be able to point you in the right direction. Feel free to send me a pm if you are more comfortable with that

Back