Can I sell Medicare if I'm already with a brokerage?

Thanks for the advice, so I work with a brokerage, contracted with insurance carriers, so I am independent (I think). Like you implied, now is the time to get into medicare lol. I came to this conclusion the other day, I just feel like I could be more successful with medicare, like you said FE has to be sold....really sold.
I have half a dozen IMOs that I'm contracted with. In some cases, you can contract with a company with different IMOs (annuities for one and life for another) or even different levels.

I have half a dozen IMOs that I'm contracted with. In some cases, you can contract with a company with different IMOs (annuities for one and life for another) or even different levels.

Really? And you've never had someone from an IMO express dislike that you contracted with another? I just feel like who I'm with now seems to want me to do everything through them...

Really? And you've never had someone from an IMO express dislike that you contracted with another? I just feel like who I'm with now seems to want me to do everything through them...
Unless they're giving you leads, providing a lot of value, or giving you crazy high contracts then who cares how they feel?

They work for you, not the other way around.

Unless they're giving you leads, providing a lot of value, or giving you crazy high contracts then who cares how they feel?

You're right man, I gotta get that through my head still lol. Pretty new, and guys here take pride in this company and I've heard remarks, insults towards other IMOs so I've been a bit hesitant to branch out and just do what benefits me vs feeding into this (possibly false) sense of pride founded unity here.

If you don't mind me asking, what would be the reason for contracting with multiple IMOs?

If you don't mind me asking, what would be the reason for contracting with multiple IMOs?
My personal production is almost all DI so I work with a DI specialty BGA.

I'm a partner in a brokerage where we write life and LTC.

I operate as an IMO for annuities so I have contracts that are direct and also contracts with two larger IMOs where my production doesn't warrant direct contracts.

Bottom line, I go with specialty uplines. It is basically impossible to be strong in all areas so I am selective.

My personal production is almost all DI so I work with a DI specialty BGA.

I'm a partner in a brokerage where we write life and LTC.

I operate as an IMO for annuities so I have contracts that are direct and also contracts with two larger IMOs where my production doesn't warrant direct contracts.

Bottom line, I go with specialty uplines. It is basically impossible to be strong in all areas so I am selective.

How does disability and long term insurance compare to FE? I know not much about either currently.

Compare how? They're completely different products and are purchased for very different objectives.

Compare as in how prosperous the business is compared to FE. Is the consensus that its more fruitful? More difficult to sell? Etc etc

Compare as in how prosperous the business is compared to FE. Is the consensus that its more fruitful? More difficult to sell? Etc etc
You can make a ton of money selling anything. That's on you, not on the product.

FE is popular because leads are all that really matters in this business and they're relatively easy to acquire. They also allow a lot of health conditions.

DI And LTC are the opposite. Harder to get leads and a much more difficult underwriting process.

Hope that helps.

Back