Oscar terminates relationship with Health Sherpa

The book of business on healthsherpa is still active. The changes go into effect this new open enrollment. I suggest download all your book (you should always). Convert it to a spreadsheet.

Got an OSCAR email today...basically said "have fun enrolling your clients next year if you use Health Sherpa....we won't pay their fees." They suggested trying a different web broker or use Oscars web site or HC.gov.

100% of my clients were enrolled thru HS...many Oscar clients of course

WTF?
Goggle EDE authorized by ACA. You have the ability to enroll members with your broker portal. That’s how it was done back in the day. Use healthcare.gov to quote and know which carrier you want to enroll your member. Don’t give members a quote, that’s for your information. I hope this helps.

Who knew Venture Capital Funded Startups were a bad idea for Government Funded Healthcare?

✋

They’re trying to charge ALL carriers PER MEMBER PER MONTH….

By George, that’s egregious. Don’t think other carriers aren’t going to follow suit. They all got the same deal, Oscar is just smart enough to back out now and find another partner.

I do feel bad for the employees, but, if they didn’t see this coming, they weren’t paying attention. Might be time to freshen up those resumes!

For those asking Inshura.com works like a charm.
Ummm....inshura was just blocked by cms from doing enrollments. Can't be a charm if it can't function.

Back