Can we agree that for the most part, Medsupp commissions are usually higher than MAPD?

My up line told me that call centers only pay first year commissions—-no renewals. I was not aware of that. Has anyone else heard this?
90 % of my book are fairly loyal to me and would know to contact me if they were considering a change. So I will be sending out a letter to that other 10% of my book that don’t think to call me, imploring them to resist talking with telemarketers and to contact me instead.
True. They do pay them a salary usually. $30k plus one time commission for closing a sale.

I disagree with one very important thing in your whole argument . With mapd overall your dealing with much lower income overall . You yourself said a great % of your sup clients are irmaa . Upper income clients have much much greater persistency . Also overall when you write that supp that same sup stays on the books 3-6 yrs . You have to do very little to maintain the supplement side . With mapd there’s 10’s of moving parts . This yr its going to be tough .In many area’s non renewing plans will mean you have to move many people . And yes in years past there weren’t many significant changes in mapd so you could keep them in the same plan yearly . Formulary changes have no detriment on your supp business but they could have great changes on mapd plans. So overall the lower persistency on mapd has to be taken into account for your overall longer term comp.
Nah.

You manage the expectations at the sale.

We are going to email you in Sept. I need an updated drug list.

During the first week in October, I will email you an updated benefit list, “KG Style”. (It’s just excel with the changes highlighted). Plus updated drug costs.

If you want to talk, please just click here to schedule a call.

People I need to talk to are scheduled in Sept for October. And this year, it looks like everyone.

People who are unhappy during the year, scheduled in Sept for October.

My MAPD people don’t move, either. Maybe 1 or 2 a year for better dental but that’s it.

Nah.
You manage the expectations at the sale.

We are going to email you in Sept. I need an updated drug list.

During the first week in October, I will email you an updated benefit list, “KG Style”. (It’s just excel with the changes highlighted). Plus updated drug costs.

If you want to talk, please just click here to schedule a call.

People I need to talk to are scheduled in Sept for October. And this year, it looks like everyone.

People who are unhappy during the year, scheduled in Sept for October.

My MAPD people don’t move, either. Maybe 1 or 2 a year for better dental but that’s it.
2 yrs ago you hated mapd to no end . You bad mouthed it constantly . Me thinks you realized you run a business and if you don’t sell mapd your business would not grow at best . 32 mil mapds at 14 million med sups speaks for itself

First of all, let’s throw out T65 or other first timers to MAPD. That’s a once in a lifetime occurrence. Even with the double commission in such cases, for years 2-6, the Medigap commission will be higher.
Some companies pay 27% commission for Plan N.
Personally I prefer MAPD commissions, just because it’s simple to estimate earnings and there’s no drop in commission after year 6.

I’m just tired of the fear mongerers on YouTube saying that all these greedy agents are pushing MAPD because of the higher commission.
Gimme a break

I think you can't really get an accurate "average" while excluding some of the data. So, you gotta include the t65 for MA and Medsupp. If you exclude the T65 for MA, you have exclude it for MedSupp too, and in turn that excludes a lot of business for many agents.

I think you also have to look at it state by state. Some states the medsupp premiums are considerably lower, making the commissions a lot less. Compare FL premiums to OK, big difference.

All that being said, I think over 6 years, the commissions are actually pretty similar (including the PDP).

If you look at the commissions over 10 years, without replacing the medsupp... the MA probably comes out higher. I know Im not alone, having a good chunk of medsupp clients in year 7+ that are not interested in changing.

The "greedy" agents are the agents who are working under somebody else's agenda, and have a quota. Or agents who are broke, needing to make a quick buck, who won't be in the industry in 3 years, IMO. And then there are just generally greedy people, which shouldn't be ignored.

I know Im not alone, having a good chunk of medsupp clients in year 7+ that are not interested in changing.
This is what blows me away. I reach out to my medsup clients every year starting at end of year 2 about checking on their premiums and if they want to shop it. I have started sending out more info to the ones that are in year 5 and 6 that can save between $70-$120 per month. I might get a response from 10% of them.

Nah.

2 yrs ago you hated mapd to no end . You bad mouthed it constantly . Me thinks you realized you run a business and if you don’t sell mapd your business would not grow at best . 32 mil mapds at 14 million med sups speaks for itself
Methinks if you could read, you would have seen where I am 98 to 99% Med Supp for 65+

TX doesn’t sell Med Supp to Under 65’s, except Plan A. Which is where my MAPD book is.

There’s more important things in life than money. Like sleep.

And my book is just fine, thank you.

First of all, let’s throw out T65 or other first timers to MAPD. That’s a once in a lifetime occurrence. Even with the double commission in such cases, for years 2-6, the Medigap commission will be higher.
Some companies pay 27% commission for Plan N.
Personally I prefer MAPD commissions, just because it’s simple to estimate earnings and there’s no drop in commission after year 6.

I’m just tired of the fear mongerers on YouTube saying that all these greedy agents are pushing MAPD because of the higher commission.
Gimme a break
UHC pays less. I can never figure it out. And they stopped at year 6 until 2019. I wrote one in 2018 and yep, no more commissions this year....

This is what blows me away. I reach out to my medsup clients every year starting at end of year 2 about checking on their premiums and if they want to shop it. I have started sending out more info to the ones that are in year 5 and 6 that can save between $70-$120 per month. I might get a response from 10% of

Is this the 12th century?
I was responding to his tone and cadence

😂😂😂

Back