Can we agree that for the most part, Medsupp commissions are usually higher than MAPD?

UHC pays less. I can never figure it out. And they stopped at year 6 until 2019. I wrote one in 2018 and yep, no more commissions this year....
If you have over 300 policies with UHC, they pay $40 yr commission for yrs 7 -10. Annual lump payment. Just received mine this week. According DonP, it was 7 figures HUGE (with decimal points.)

Those apps written in 2018 to 2022, $10 mo commish for yrs 7-10. Don't quote me on dates above

Pandas 1 and 2 are heavily MEDSUP. In Indiana it’s 6 years. We consistently contact our customers and watch the premium increases and thus know when to offer a new product. Most who can, switch giving another 6 years. Seems to us, every year with MA plans, you are having to complete with every company out there including the company you sold them in the first place.

Given that you have to understand that we are a retired couple who don’t need a huge amount of new business. We get our customers from our customers.

UHC pays less. I can never figure it out. And they stopped at year 6 until 2019. I wrote one in 2018 and yep, no more commissions this year....

UHC has changed the commission schedules a couple times in the last decade. Probably in 2019, I dont remember exactly.

A UHC rep I spoke to at a recent FMO conference, told me how their finance department has often mentioned how much they could save by not paying commissions.... I dont get the feeling UHC is going to increase medsupp commissions anytime soon.

Pandas 1 and 2 are heavily MEDSUP. In Indiana it’s 6 years. We consistently contact our customers and watch the premium increases and thus know when to offer a new product. Most who can, switch giving another 6 years. Seems to us, every year with MA plans, you are having to complete with every company out there including the company you sold them in the first place.

Given that you have to understand that we are a retired couple who don’t need a huge amount of new business. We get our customers from our customers.

I would agree the medsupp market takes less service work from year to year. IF you do get that second 6 years, its usually worth more comp than the first 6 years, since the new comp premium is likely higher than the original.

Yes I agree that the new policy will have a higher premium than the original, thus a higher comm. I have a woman is on her third policy. Switched her from about age 76 to 92. Unfortunately she’s now in SNF at age 95.
We also watch when a company decides to exit the market. Those who can will almost always switch. Each time we move them we look like heroes. Even just saving $45-$50 a month is generally worth it to them.

Back