Canadian Moving to FL

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Need some help, haven't had one of these in a while.

Canadian citizen, 62 male, moving to FL in Sept and getting green card in few months. Takes med for enlarged prostate. (Wife is US citizen with Medicare).

Which health insurance company will take him given the residency situation. Some apps have these type of questions, others don't, some require a physical in the states. I've already pointed them to a traveler's policy to fill the gap until we get him something else.

I have had clients move to Florida (under 65) and then move back because they could not get health insurance.

Need some help, haven't had one of these in a while.

Canadian citizen, 62 male, moving to FL in Sept and getting green card in few months. Takes med for enlarged prostate. (Wife is US citizen with Medicare).

Which health insurance company will take him given the residency situation. Some apps have these type of questions, others don't, some require a physical in the states. I've already pointed them to a traveler's policy to fill the gap until we get him something else.

I recently had a client who married a woman from El Salvador. She had to be here 6-months and establish care with a doctor before we could get her covered. I would assume your client would need to do something similar.

I recently had a client who married a woman from El Salvador. She had to be here 6-months and establish care with a doctor before we could get her covered. I would assume your client would need to do something similar.

That is correct for all of the major carriers. To bridge the 6 months he can get an International Medical plan (he will most likely retain his Canadian health insurance anyway).

Enlarged prostate isn't a major Underwriting issue, if that is his only issue it shouldn't get in the way of an approval-Humana, for example, is either a rate up (25% most likely) or a rider for the treatment.

Back