Car Salesman/ P&C Salesman

How would I work with someone? At another location or just finding a mentor for questions I have or establishing a partnership that I would share my profits with? Thats a big area that i'm a little confused on as well.

How would I work with someone? At another location or just finding a mentor for questions I have or establishing a partnership that I would share my profits with? That's a big area that i'm a little confused on as well.
Sharing of profit would yes be customary in any type of agreement be it with an agency, or with a network. You get skills, and experience, they get production. If you hire on, there is added expense. It's not free to have a commission only producer even if they are commission only.

Several ways you can get mentorship...
- Work with carrier reps, and get what you can from them.
- Work for a local agency to training and mentorship, and be a branch office.
- These forums are a wealth of knowledge and cynicism... you can learn from both.
- Join an agency network for training and mentorship if you have trouble getting carriers or an agency to hire you on

Sharing of profit would yes be customary in any type of agreement be it with an agency, or with a network. You get skills, and experience, they get production. If you hire on, there is added expense. It's not free to have a commission only producer even if they are commission only.

Several ways you can get mentorship...
- Work with carrier reps, and get what you can from them.
- Work for a local agency to training and mentorship, and be a branch office.
- These forums are a wealth of knowledge and cynicism... you can learn from both.
- Join an agency network for training and mentorship if you have trouble getting carriers or an agency to hire you on
Interesting, that makes sense. I was actually just offered a part time job with my friends local captive agency. He's the owner there and i'm hoping I can get as much experience as I can for the time being. I'll have to see how I can go about transferring everything I learn from a captive agency to creating my own independent agency.

When you are ready to split from your friend, make him a deal to share the homeowners policies for helping you get ready for auto policies

Couple things here:

Dealerships have inherent problems that can be overcome but are most often not.

Retention.
Package to mono line (Mix of Business)
And a ton of others...…
Selling at Point of sale (At time of auto Purchase vs a week later)

It can work, it does work, and it fails all the time. There is the right equation in a dealership.

Tout is right over and Over. Fed up has some good points.

Interesting, that makes sense. I was actually just offered a part time job with my friends local captive agency. He's the owner there and i'm hoping I can get as much experience as I can for the time being. I'll have to see how I can go about transferring everything I learn from a captive agency to creating my own independent agency.
Hey that's awesome! Indy is the natural progression for most, but you will have a MUCH easier time with a little experience somewhere. At this point focus on the skills and the bills will take care of themselves.

Couple things here:

Dealerships have inherent problems that can be overcome but are most often not.

Retention.
Package to mono line (Mix of Business)
And a ton of others...…
Selling at Point of sale (At time of auto Purchase vs a week later)

It can work, it does work, and it fails all the time. There is the right equation in a dealership.

Tout is right over and Over. Fed up has some good points.
Can you elaborate?

Not really. But I gave you a decent place to start. Overcome some of those early issues I listed above and you are off to a decent start. How will one overcome those issues?

(Carriers will ask those and 100 more questions)

We have over 25 dealerships that are partnered with PGI in some way. A Large % have found a way to make it work through a group called DealerCor. (Amazing)

I was on the carrier side for a long time. Carriers are losing excitement for Dealers, unless dealers can show they have.....

Back