Care to Wager a Guess?

Possibly.

So far, no response from GR.

Let us know if they ever tell you the answer. Stuff like this will keep happening, maybe not a lot, but it will happen. My fave will be when a dad calls with a court order to buy insurance and finds out he has to get it for himself as well to comply. What happens if he gets declined? Or if the kid is GI and the rate is $800. Tell the judge to talk to the DOI?

PCIP. Dad better have the cash.

I've made a few calls on this and the answer seems to be that if the effective date was before 9/23 and the parents drop the kids have to remain. Post 9/23 the parents drop and the kids drop with them.

Will be interesting to see GR's answer.

Let us know if they ever tell you the answer. Stuff like this will keep happening, maybe not a lot, but it will happen. My fave will be when a dad calls with a court order to buy insurance and finds out he has to get it for himself as well to comply. What happens if he gets declined? Or if the kid is GI and the rate is $800. Tell the judge to talk to the DOI?

PCIP. Dad better have the cash.

done had this happen

I had to go around some low level folks, but got an answer.

Since the original policy was issued prior to 2010 the kids can continue to be covered. My contact did not give me the exact scenario but I assume this is like others I have had in the past where the HSA is changed to Plan 100 and issued with the oldest child as the primary.

A bit frustrating that the folks in broker support that are supposed to respond have not.

I liked the "old" Golden Rule much better.

Might be cheaper to move to Cali where kids are GI @ 2x preferred rate.

That is changing as we speak. Check out Blue Shield's new Tier 7 rates now (not published for producers, yet) for kid GI not in a qualifying period. 4.5x the Tier 1 rates. No more Tier 5 or Tier 6. Now either Tier 6 (2x Tier 1) or Tier 7 (4.5x Tier 1). If they miss the prior coverage 90-day rule, they could get hit Tier 7 PLUS 20% surcharge on the T7 rate!

The "other blue" is currently reviewing their rating levels on kid GI in/out QE and make take a similar action. Sigh.

Back