Career Changer

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am currently an educator and will be retiring in the next 1.5-3 years. To do so, I need to earn $35,000 to supplement my retirement income and at least maintain my current standard of living....of course I wouldn't mind more... I will be taking the Life/health exam the 1st week of April and plan to focus, at least intially, on life insurance... I have access to a comany that provides access to 18 companies and some limited support. I plan to sale p/t while I finish my career.

Any suggestions on helping me get started?

Last edited:

At parent/teacher night, make sure all your parents know they can get a policy from you.
Also, write a policy on yourself...if you don't ever sell another, at least you made something...

I'll brainstorm some more and get back to you. :GEEK:

.if you don't ever sell another, at least you made something...
Plus, if you don't believe in your product enough to buy it for yourself and your family, how do you expect to be successful trying to sell it to others? Sooner or later, your hypocrisy will show through. Years ago, it was said the amount of insurance sold by an agent each week had a direct correlation with the amount he had on his own life.

I am currently an educator and will be retiring in the next 1.5-3 years. To do so, I need to earn $35,000 to supplement my retirement income and at least maintain my current standard of living....of course I wouldn't mind more... I will be taking the Life/health exam the 1st week of April and plan to focus, at least intially, on life insurance... I have access to a comany that provides access to 18 companies and some limited support. I plan to sale p/t while I finish my career.

I think what you need to accomplish is very doable dependding on what market you are working.

any advice would be appreciated....I would also like to know how a p/t person would go about getting trained. I know CLU/LUTF training is out there, the cost is a little steep...are there insurance educ providers that can provide similar training? Do LI companies provide access to training for non-captive appointed agents?

Last edited:
No! I guess some advice might be to proof read before posting!

I warn most people they need a pretty think skin before going into sales, but after being a teacher, I'd bet you've got that area covered.. :twitchy:

Just read a lot and learn. Try to decide which area of life sales you want to focus on. Final Expense? Morgage Protection? Estate Planning?
Read lots and lots of threads on here to start.

Haven't really zeroed in on 1 or 2 areas to "specialize" in. I am sure some would be better than others for starting out.

I thought I would use 2012 as a get lic, get some training, research the indutry, get my feet wet year.

Back