Carrier Reps - I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

I have no shame. I only care about making money. Time is money. Reps are animals who do not respect my requests to be left alone. Thus, I must do whatever is necessary to keep the mosquitoes at bay.

Is it shameful to tell a child lies to prevent them from hurting themselves?

I cannot imagine a situation where I would need to lie to a child to prevent them from hurting themselves. Seems to me that only a weak mind or lazy person would lie instead of taking the time to explain.

And for purposes of transparancy, yes I am sure that I have lied to my kids.

Re: Mein Kampf W/ Carrier Reps - I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

My home has a balcony that overlooks the great room. My 2 year old started trying to pull herself up on the railing...which could lead to a 10ft fall. She doesn't understand the concept, yet she understands the Railing Monsters will get her if she does it.

She stopped doing it.

My home has a balcony that overlooks the great room. My 2 year old started trying to pull herself up on the railing...which could lead to a 10ft fall. She doesn't understand the concept, yet she understands the Railing Monsters will get her if she does it.

She stopped doing it.

I was not thinking of a 2 year old when I read your your question. But I do agree with what and why you did lie. Cognitive skills are just beginning to be honed, and each child progresses at their own pace. Their abilities to understand is very limited and your monster was a way for them to connect. And because of their limited abilities, they should not be impacted by your lie. However, as the child matures you do not want them seeing you as a liar.

Have a good weekend

She stopped doing it.

For simply the sake of trolling you... Why don't you just quit. Sell your book... Which you might get 2x for and then become a trolling Internet hermit locked in your dungeon. I've known you on this board for a few years now (which I noticabley stopped posting on due to nonsense posts like yours) and noticed you're just going down hill fast. If this is what you want your reputation online to be, I cringe at your outside affiliations/life.

Just say no...

I think 1822 is sharing his frustration with some of the "phone calls" and daily interruption's of running a biz.

I was in my accountants office the other day and he got 3 telemarketing calls inn 20 mins. I could see the frustration in his face. THAT'S why "big wigs" have appointment setters and secretaries to screen their calls.

Get a secretary to handle calls....or put them to voice mail?

I think 1822 is sharing his frustration with some of the "phone calls" and daily interruption's of running a biz.

I was in my accountants office the other day and he got 3 telemarketing calls inn 20 mins. I could see the frustration in his face. THAT'S why "big wigs" have appointment setters and secretaries to screen their calls.

Get a secretary to handle calls....or put them to voice mail?

But h e was calling the rep not the other way around.

For simply the sake of trolling you... Why don't you just quit. Sell your book... Which you might get 2x for and then become a trolling Internet hermit locked in your dungeon. I've known you on this board for a few years now (which I noticabley stopped posting on due to nonsense posts like yours) and noticed you're just going down hill fast. If this is what you want your reputation online to be, I cringe at your outside affiliations/life.

Just say no...

Can we stick to the OP which was about dealing w/ carrier reps? I think we should all focus on sharing relevant content about P&C insurance instead of attacking people such as this. I hope all is well & I look FWD to sharing ideas to grow our businesses together.

I think you might just have bad reps .. considering the ones I know are paid on commission .. I would think they would be hungry to work with you and write things... the ones I know are.

Also I know the ones I've talked to have told me they have been told within that if an agent is not being cooperative on a piece of business they control that is a perfect fit to solicit directly.

I have two reps who every time they come in they say "Hey you know Bill at the pizza shop down the street? we are looking to write those so I just stopped in and gave him our carrier info and told him to give you a call"

This happens because the reps are required to make X number of visits per month and to log those visits for upper management. I've also seen where a lot of the managers actually want them out quoting business now on site to show that they are proficient with the system.

The last rep that came in, I actually ended up showing them how to use their own quoting platform, because they really had no idea how to use it.

I've gotten use to telling them when they come hounding me for business that they need to write the business I send them. It's no secret here and I'm not withholding any business. If you want to write business, write the damn business!

Back