Carriers Selling Direct

NewHealthStrategies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Wondering if anyone has knowledge of carriers like United Health Care selling to small businesses DIRECTLY and NOT using agents? I know many do on the individual side, but I'm curious about the small group side only. Thanks in advance for weighing in.

I have not seen it happen.

Before a large company starts selling small group direct they will go completely direct with the individual sales.
The big carriers all have agents selling direct for them but those agents are more in house type sales. I have yet to meet one that is out pounding the pavement for business.

Wondering if anyone has knowledge of carriers like United Health Care selling to small businesses DIRECTLY and NOT using agents? I know many do on the individual side, but I'm curious about the small group side only. Thanks in advance for weighing in.

I look down on companies that sell direct, however, it's not all bad as it's much easier to take a group from a company rep that can't promote any other carriers. For example, I love running across groups with Federated coverage.

In Florida , UHC is the only carier that is 100% broker driven, this is a big reason that most of book is with them. I am not sure about Cigna, they are new to the small group market in Florida, I will check with my AE.

Back