Choice Between Principal and Lincoln.

One client is deciding between Principal and Lincoln for a basic Term30. Comparable features & premiums.

They were seeing a Dr for ADHD for about 2 months last year and had a DUI 6 years ago so were rated Standard although their medical and the rest easily would have put them at Preferred +. Both of these carriers said they would re-rate with a full u/w in 12 months.

Which would you choose?

One client is deciding between Principal and Lincoln for a basic Term30. Comparable features & premiums.

They were seeing a Dr for ADHD for about 2 months last year and had a DUI 6 years ago so were rated Standard although their medical and the rest easily would have put them at Preferred +. Both of these carriers said they would re-rate with a full u/w in 12 months.

Which would you choose?

If the rates are the same which one pays the highest commission.

You need to consider more than just comp.

They both are good companies, with ratings that are very similar.
Principle has a 90 Comdex, and LFG has an 89.

I have had good customer service with both. I would rank them equally with customer service.
There are only a few companies I would not recommend because of customer service. That is rarely an issue with Life Companies.

You need to consider conversion options. That will be the main difference between the two. Imo, LFG has better conversion options. But Principle has solid permanent products too.

Back