Christian Health Ministries

I will also bite - just amazed at some of these generalized posts - Kgmom - . I disagree that " evangelicals " hate evrything Obama related ? Who are u speaking for here ? I'm a Christian and I love Obamacare - hate the price and that there are on 2 choices in many counties here but love that I can help everyone regardless of their Med history . Pls send me just 1 example of a person not getting their claim paid and Lets say Medi Share -and CHM , 2 of the largest plans. Can U send me 1 example ??

Many people get these Christian plans cuz it's ALL they can afford since Obamacare has become crazy expensive .

Pls send me just 1 example of a person not getting their claim paid and Lets say Medi Share -and CHM , 2 of the largest plans. Can U send me 1 example ??Many people get these Christian plans cuz it's ALL they can afford since Obamacare has become crazy expensive .

Interesting........
http://www.kansasaap.org/wordpress/...ssues-with-Medishare-under-Multiplan-PHCS.pdf

Jon Jantz, MD,
Medishare consistently fails to meet reimbursement deadlines set by Multiplan/PHCS.
The Accountable Care Act (ACA) sets forth a guideline for a clean claim to be paid within 30 days.Medishare typically takes 3 to 4 months or longer.When we contacted them about tardiness in payment, they indicated that they “were a medical share plan and we don’t have to comply with the clean claims rule.”We asked for remedy of this breech from their Corporate Quality Management Coordinator in September of 2016 and never received anything.
This means that Medishare/Christian Care Ministries has misrepresented itself as an insurance company to Multiplan/PHCS, but sells itself as a “medical share plan” to consumer/members and short changes their medical providers. Multiplan/PHCS is being scammed by Medishare/Christian Care Ministries and participating in the scamming of physicians.
Incidentally, about 10 years ago, Preferred Health Care System (PHCS) was involved in a different arrangement that paid less than Medicaid.PHCS later was bought by/merged
to become part of Multiplan/PHCS.Dejavu. . .
This is one more example of why it is important that someone in your clinic is tracking payment rates so that you are reimbursed enough to keep your doors open.
In our clinic, we have decided not to accept anything less than the Medicaid rate.

How much do health sharing ministries really help?

A member of one organization, Medi-Share, needed heart-valve surgery after an infection. But Medi-Share wouldn't pay for it, claiming the heart condition was pre-existing. Medi-Share members subsequently filed a lawsuit.

In 2000, members of Christian Healthcare Ministries — formerly the Christian Brotherhood Newsletter — told the Ohio attorney general there were $34 million in unpaid claims. The organization's founder and his nephew were found guilty of civil and solicitation fraud, having used the extra donations to fund higher salaries, motorcycles and vacations.

I joined with my wife on the "Gold:" $570.00 per month plan in June
2016. Shortly after we joined I had an allergic reaction and went to
the emergency room.

I paid the claim and submitted it.
Long story short I was given the run around by MCS for a year and they
finally denied the claim saying that it occurred within the first 90
days. However, it took them a year to do so and they did not mention there was a 90 day waiting period
when I signed up. Which means incidentally, you pay for 3 months before you can have a
claim.

In February 2017 I ended up in the hospital with
a bowel obstruction. They just sent me a letter indicating they would
not pay that as it was a p"pre-existing" condition. I have never had a
bowel obstruction before.

In summary MCS exists to delay
and deny claims all the while claiming to be a Christian organization.
God will surely judge them for that. However, in the meantime, the rest
of us should be forewarned, thus is not a benevolent Christian
organization.

Jbean, I don't know if you have reading challenges or short term memory problems.

Pls send me just 1 example of a person not getting their claim paid

You asked the same question here
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...dical-discount-plan.89960/page-2#post-1215946

I asked you before but if you could point me to anything printed that states MS is NOT paying claims I would be very grateful .

My response with links.
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...dical-discount-plan.89960/page-2#post-1215946

Hospital denies mother's faith-based healthcare coverage in middle of cancer treatment

Christian Medical Plans Get Pass From Health Law Despite Consumer Complaints

https://www.bbb.org/central-florida...-12000835/reviews-and-complaints?noskin&clean

Judge Shuts Down Christian Health Ministry Medi-Share in Kentucky

How much do health sharing ministries really help?

You also asked if BX was an insurance carrier.

Seems to me you are in denial.

Yeah, because customers with insurance companies like UHC, BCBS, Aetna, Cigna, Athem etc... never have problems like that...

Which regulatory agency(s) have authority over claims denied by sharing ministry schemes?

Which regulatory agency(s) have authority over insurance carrier denied claims?

Which regulatory agency(s) have authority over claims denied by sharing ministry schemes?

Which regulatory agency(s) have authority over insurance carrier denied claims?
Which regulatory agency prevents people from having complaints about insurance companies?
Which regulatory agency prevent claims from being denied by insurance companies?

Don't bother saying the DOI, because thats BS. Insurance companies still weasel their way out of paying claims by the thousands every single day. Any agent who has been in the business any significant amount of time and has a decent size block of business has seen this happen before by the insurance companies.

Aint no different.

UHC:
"
United Healthcare - HORRIBLE
Worst company ever!!! Refuse to cover a surgery that is medically necessary. They want to wait until a person has cancer before covering a procedure"
"United Healthcare - Worse company , piece of sh>t!!!!!
If this the biggest insurance company in the U.S. , we are done I can not believe, they will not approve my insulin , a medicine that I need to survive, first denied my Lantus now another brand I had to change with my DR, which is not working well with me, also they... "
530 UNITED HEALTHCARE Complaints and Reports @ Pissed Consumer

Aetna:
"Oct 23, 2017
Aetna - Mri denisl
They gave them that info, but denied cause aetna wants more clinical info. Dr has submitted it & has filed an appeal. Waiting to hear back. Surgeon feels i need surgery but i cant even get mri. Ive done everything in order & keep getting denied. If i pay $500 for mri.."
"
Aetna - Deny half of what I submitted
Aetna
Aug 15, 2017 by anonymous#1087979

Details
Paid the $100 dental reimbursement but only paid my eyeglasses. Denied my husbands 3 times. Each time a different excuse. Same exact form and amount. Went to a DR on their.."

"Feb 09, 2017
Humana - Medical Claim Review
Before I purchased dental insurance. I explained that I need to continue my periodontist cleaning. The male rep said no problem that is covered with the plan he enrolled me in. Six months later they are still declining payments. I asked them to listen to the recorded..."

"Jan 24, 2017
Humana's Horrible Prescription Plan
My husband needs medication to control his high blood pressure. Humana was given the prescription two weeks ago. Without notification to the patient or the doctor's office, they cancelled the doctor's order for the medication. In the meantime, he has been without his..."
"
Humana - Medical Claim Review
Worst Company I have ever been with trying to get a Doctor's appointment since January 9th. No success I would have a better chance performing open dental surgery on a live Cobra then getting a appointment with my primary physician my leg is swollen like a Balloon..."
440 HUMANA Reviews and Complaints Page 5 @ Pissed Consumer

"
Dec 13, 2017
Cigna - Denial of need needed
Just now fighting with Cigna to approve my Husbands acute Rehabilation Ctr. My Husband had a stroke about year ago . since then he has had vascular surgery, cancer surgery and stokes. He is now in the Hospital but cannot walk Doctor wants him to go to a Acute rehab ctr."

"
Nov 13, 2017
Cigna denied MRI...
Now that I've had another episiode with my lower back and in severe pain and my doctor ordered an MRI I learned Cigna has denied it. I am in pain and devasted. I do not take any pain medication, and cannot even get a diagnostic test approved by Cigna. I pay $1,200 per.."

13 Cigna Medical Claim Reviews and Complaints @ Pissed Consumer

I could go on, and on and on with this.
But yeah, you're right. This kind of stuff never happens because the ALL POWERFUL GOVERNMENT REGULATES IT. ***.

Last edited:
Which regulatory agency prevents people from having complaints about insurance companies?
Which regulatory agency prevent claims from being denied by insurance companies

attorney general.....................................

attorney general.....................................
right, because the AG is going to reverse every single claim that gets denied. Tell that to the all the people on pissedconsumer.com that get claims denied.

Y'all are living in a fantasy land if you believe the government is going to protect you, and make everything right.

Back