Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?

Just curious Somarco - do you sell IND medical insurance ? Your signature looks Like you spend most of ur time with Senior's which is a great market .

Your mistaken about OOP limits with Medi Share . The max out of pocket is the deductible - period - done . As you know the Aca plans have huge max out of pockets in 2017 .

Maybe U you were making that statement in regards to what sounds like Freedom life Ppo plan mentioned above by Aikenhealth -which I do not sell.

In addn , I bought a separate E&O policy that does covers Medi Share . There is a lot to learn if someone wants to sell or advise on these Christian Ppo plans - they are all different

Jbean, I sold individual and group health insurance from 1975 until 2014. How long have you been selling health insurance?

There are no OOP limits for sharing programs. Since there is no guarantee your claim will be paid your OOP is unlimited.

I believe the E&O you reference for MediShare is not an insured plan. If so, no guarantee those claims would be paid either.

I don't mean any dis respect here - just friendly debate . I've been in the biz for 34 years selling Maj medical and life insurance plus i have a relationship with Schwab for Aum .

Are you sure it's fair for you to say there is no stop loss on MS simply by using your opinion ? My fear is a new agent will see what you write and assume there truly is no stop loss .

You may think by now I'm a Medi Share employee or Mangr and I promise you I'm not . I just feel that anybody on here should get facts and not necessarily opinions . I see new agents looking for advise here and a few things you say about these Christian plans is just not 100% factual.

I asked you before but if you could point me to anything printed that states MS is NOT paying claims I would be very grateful . My family is on MS and I do not want any issues . I search for complaints often and can't find any ? They have been around for a long time -25+ years ?
I think I asked you this before -- when you look at Bcbs letterhead -- does it say " insurance company "?? Are they an insurance company ?

With all due respect I say good nite and have a great day tomorrow !

JohnnyBean - I do NOT sell Freedom Life PPO plans - there are some solid Defined Benefit plans that I have seen pay huge claims - I have been selling Health Insurance since 2004 - after the Obitemecare destruction of the Major Medical market after Jan 2014 I chose to find solid "Dept of Insurance" approved plans vs the Christian Ministries Sharing plans - which have written on every page "this is not insurance - we are not obligated to pay claims" so I do not think E&O insurance will apply with them - that being said - unlike the hit and run of Obamacare which hijacked Major Med since 2014 - I personally have over 600 happy clients covered on my carefully designed Defined Benefit PPO Health Insurance plans - and yes I do spend more time than most agents helping my clients navigate claims - identifying PPO network participation and Rx coverage - and I do call the carriers to help expedite resolutions when asked - but it is worth it - I have NEVER had a E&O issue or ever had a complaint because my clients KNOW exactly what it is they are buying and how THEY can be more proactive and a better consumer in their own health expense choices - I have seen HUGE claims paid - yes there are crappy plans out there - yes - and shady BS agents - true - but IF you are willing to WORK there are great plans out there positioned to help the millions of people who refuse to pay the obscene non-subsidized Obamacare premiums - not "Christian Ministry" non insurance but true insurance coverage that pays serious claims

Here is a link to Liberty Health Share, while not Christian Medi-share, it is a similar type plan.

https://www.libertyhealthshare.org/content/Sharing-Guidelines.pdf - bottom of 2nd page (my emphasis for easy reading)

ATTENTION: This program is not an insurance company nor is it offered through an insurance company. This program does not guarantee or promise that your medical bills will be paid or assigned to others for payment. Whether anyone chooses to pay your medical bills will be totally voluntary. As such, this program should never be considered as a substitute for an insurance policy. Whether you receive any payments for medical expenses and whether or not this program continues to operate, you are always liable for any unpaid bills.​

Look through what is covered and what is not. Understand what you are getting before you find out the hard way something is not covered.

Top of page 4: ....The program does not share expenses resulting from behaviors and lifestyles destructive to personal health, but is specially tailored for individuals who maintain a godly lifestyle, make responsible choices in regards to health, and believe in helping others​

Who determines what a godly lifestyle is?

Top of Page 6: ....4. We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors or habits that produce sickness or disease to ourselves or others.

Bottom of Page 6: ...5. Exercise regularly and eat healthy foods that do not harm the body.​

Who decides what habits produce sickness or disease...They could exclude most "foods" at any typical church gathering...Exercise regularly and eat healthy foods that do not harm the body, well that will knock out a lot of people!

Just understand what you are getting! Good luck

Seems like several bad options. ACA which is insurance but horribly expensive vs crappy high commission pay nothing defined benefit plans vs bought on a hope and prayer no contract CHM.

Reminds me of a poster from the 70s about what to do in the face of nuclear war......bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

Back