Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?

johndf

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am curious, if you had nothing else to sell and you had to pick one of these two options to sell which would it be? I am sure the standard answer is going to be neither since we are dealing with high liability on 2 non-insurance products. However, in your opinion what are the pros and cons to each?

If those were my only choices, I would look for a different market. Individual health insurance is dead.

Maybe you didn't get the memo.

I don't know about medical discount plans but I do know many of the serious limited-benefit /defined benefit plans not only gives policyholders a very large PPO discount up front but I have plans in my portfolio that pay from $4,5000 to $6,000 every single day they in the hospital - offers many outpatient benefits including surgery and their premiums are a fraction of Obamacare non-subsidized. Even some negotiated down out of pockets going to be a hell of a lot less than the mass of monthly premiums and outrageous deductibles of non-subsidized Obamacare- Ministry plans are very specific that they are not Insurance it is an execution of Faith they are not approved by any state department of insurance and E &O will do nothing for you with them but there's some great defined-benefit plans out there if you teach the clients how to use it -
exactly what it is and understand that they are fully underwritten

Im guessing licensed insurance products are not an option for the OP. No sane person would try to make a living from either of those "products".

Id go sell pre-paid legal and Obamaphones before selling either of those.

Great and defined benefit plans are mutually exclusive terms.

Discounts are not binding when using a secondary network such as Multiplans. Providers are under no obligation to accept the discounted reimbursement as paid in full.

Also, there are no OOP limits for the policyholder. Many of these "great" plans do not cover Rx.

Great and defined benefit plans are mutually exclusive terms.

Discounts are not binding when using a secondary network such as Multiplans. Providers are under no obligation to accept the discounted reimbursement as paid in full.

Also, there are no OOP limits for the policyholder. Many of these "great" plans do not cover Rx.

Damnit Bob.

Stop reading the fine print and using logic/common sense.

I called a Multiplan network Dr who was not going to honor the discount and then I called MultiPlan and was told in no uncertain terms they are legally obligated to honor the discount if they were listed in the "active members" of the PPO before the claim is submitted to the carrier - so it was resolved - nothing is perfect - if you add as many potential "hole plugs" you can with CI - Cancer - excess Accident then you have a plan that WILL help offset average unexpected medical claims - yes they all only have Rx discount cards for generic drugs but ACA Rx has big deductibles to meet out of pocket before they pick up a % of a expensive Rx - there are tons of planetdrugsdirect type links all over the place. Something is better than nothing - with the ACA plans all going up 20% - 30% - 40% and more - many people in the US will not be able to afford what they now have and will then have NOTHING - then you really have no OOP limits

I called a Multiplan network Dr

Well that settles it.

Call one doc, one one claim, obviously they have fixed the problem.

Thanks for pointing that out.

How is your E&O working on this crap you are peddling?

Oh, I know. You haven't had to test it yet. Obviously that is fixed too.

Back