Cigna has their part D pricing and it ain’t pretty

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was doing Cigna certs today and they have there avg prices on 2023 and 2024 part d . The cheapest Part d from $12 in 2023 to $24 . Middle part d up about and most exp one from $63 to near $90 a month

I was doing Cigna certs today and they have there avg prices on 2023 and 2024 part d . The cheapest Part d from $12 in 2023 to $24 . Middle part d up about and most exp one from $63 to near $90 a month
Interesting.
I have seen 2 Aetna but smartsaver they're keeping under wraps.
Anyone one know what WC Value Script is doing?

sshafran said:

I haven't done their cert yet, but I'm pretty sure I saw in a FB group the other day something about Tier 3 drugs will be a percentage in 2024, instead of a flat co-pay.

sshafran said:

I haven't done their cert yet, but I'm pretty sure I saw in a FB group the other day something about Tier 3 drugs will be a percentage in 2024, instead of a flat co-pay.
That's true. That's gonna suck.

I like it.
AND they are paying us this year. Guess where my Silver Scripts are going?

(I'm super pissed at Aetna over the Smart commissions and now the "Silver Script Medicare Supplement" that will be direct to consumers. They don't like me? Fine. I don't like them, either. Screw Aetna)

I like it.
AND they are paying us this year. Guess where my Silver Scripts are going?

(I'm super pissed at Aetna over the Smart commissions and now the "Silver Script Medicare Supplement" that will be direct to consumers. They don't like me? Fine. I don't like them, either. Screw Aetna)

Yep.
Direct to consumer rarely works.

The "pacesetter" goes straight to trash.

Tier 3 drugs will be a percentage in 2024, instead of a flat co-pay.

Won't be long before all of the PDP's are like that.

Wait until 2025 rolls around and all Part D plans (including MAPD) have to belly up to the $2,000 OOP cap. It will be the wild west.

Some agents say that will be the demise of the PDP. Nope, MAPD will be squeezed too, just in a different way.

If you don't know how to show clients options outside of their drug plan you will lose clients to agents who know how to educate clients on ways to minimize their spend on drugs.

I'm usually not "that guy", buuuuuuuuut

"Cigna Group net income for the twelve months ending March 31, 2023 was $6.738B, a 24.75% increase year-over-year."

You got a TWENTY FIVE PERCENT INCREASE in your net income, yet feel the need to charge seniors double for their drug plans?? Garbage.

I'm usually not "that guy", buuuuuuuuut

"Cigna Group net income for the twelve months ending March 31, 2023 was $6.738B, a 24.75% increase year-over-year."

You got a TWENTY FIVE PERCENT INCREASE in your net income, yet feel the need to charge seniors double for their drug plans?? Garbage.

Thanks be to Biden.

A good way to put it when I come across these differences is this:
  • Here is the med supp price, the PDP price + OOP estimate, and the dental/vision price. With Part B $325/mo. No network, no PA. Use any doctor that takes Medicare. Don't wait on a bean counter to decide if your MRI is necessary. Excellent coverage.
  • Here's the MAPD alternative. w/ B it's $164.90. You'll need to stay in network. You may need to get a bean counter at the insurance company to authorize a treatment. There are doctors who will turn you away. Don't expect that MRI to be $0 -- it won't be (we just read the SOB). No extra fee to get the dental & vision coverage. You should also save about __ on your Rx's (if applicable).
What do you want to do?

$160/mo more or give up a few things and save your $160 but lower your expectations. Your choice.

Back