Cigna may exit

I was on here tonight looking for insight into Cigna. I'm not contracted and didn't want to but kept running into prospects whose meds fit Cigna only (or Mutual and dont have this one either). Most are a fine enough fit for the ones I have. In this case I just have the person call direct.

One lady had a terrible experience recently with Cigna. She has meds that are crucial for her health. According to her, the rep told her most of her meds weren't going to be covered when I looked into the formulary myself and saw each and every one of them listed as a covered med. Med.gub said the meds were covered as did their own formulary.

Is it me or is something off kilter...I didn't hear her conversation so can't speak to the validity but I find this lady credible.

Cigna and Humana are in negotiations I am told.

Wow this is the 2nd or 3rd time you’ve popped up and clueless on stuff in the industry . A few months ago you commented or posted United healthcare was buying Humana which was a 6 yr old article. Cigna nixed going after Humana 3 weeks ago as they bought back $10 bil of their stk instead . They were concerned about regulatory issues .

Wow this is the 2nd or 3rd time you’ve popped up and clueless on stuff in the industry . A few months ago you commented or posted United healthcare was buying Humana which was a 6 yr old article. Cigna nixed going after Humana 3 weeks ago as they bought back $10 bil of their stk instead . They were concerned about regulatory issues .
just telling you what comes down from my mgnt. Don't be a jerk.

Ok, I'll just go with it's just me.

I have to figure out what to do with her.

If you had a choice btwn Mutual of Omaha and Cigna, which would you go with?

Neither have great ratings. Unfortunately theyre the only two that fit her meds. She has two meds for a transplant to help with rejection. Trying to be very careful

Wish I would have just walked far away, but no one would help her and I didn't realize why until after the fact.

The problem I am having is she called direct bc I am not contracted and seemed to get the run around. She said it was like they were placating her and didn't want to deal with her. I told her call Mutual to get a feel for that. I know her meds are covered, theyre all in the formularly. Expensive af but she thankfully has Extra Help. Retiring and no other options according to her.

Ok, I'll just go with it's just me.

I have to figure out what to do with her.

If you had a choice btwn Mutual of Omaha and Cigna, which would you go with?

Neither have great ratings. Unfortunately theyre the only two that fit her meds. She has two meds for a transplant to help with rejection. Trying to be very careful

Wish I would have just walked far away, but no one would help her and I didn't realize why until after the fact.

The problem I am having is she called direct bc I am not contracted and seemed to get the run around. She said it was like they were placating her and didn't want to deal with her. I told her call Mutual to get a feel for that. I know her meds are covered, theyre all in the formularly. Expensive af but she thankfully has Extra Help. Retiring and no other options according to her.

Mutual of Omaha has great ratings with AM Best. I write a lot of their plan G med-supp. Love the company. I have an annuity with them.

Back