Cigna Medsupp Help

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
been on hold for over 45 minutes now wit cigna...

I was hoping someone else has experienced this, and might be able to help/tell me how to fix it.

Have a customer who has a cigna plan F. Every time she goes to the doctor cigna tells the doctor's billing department that my client "does not have coverage with cigna" or "she only has a disablility account". When I call cigna, they tell me "yes she does have coverage, and we should be paying".

she does not qualify for another medsupp due to her health. If i cant get this straightend out, I may reccomend she just switch to an mapd for next year, but would rather not.

Anyone know how fix this?

It seems to me that they aren't filing it with a copy of her supplement card, or at least the correct policy number. Of course, that should be submitted to Medicare and then Medicare bills Cigna on it. There sure seems to be a breakdown somewhere and I do believe that's what you're going to have to find out first; where that breakdown in occurring.

The doctor's office is looking up Cigna in their billing program and not American retirement. Instead of calling Cigna, call the Dr.s office and ask them where they are billing. It should be ARLIC Austin, TX. I get this from time to time- more from Aetna supps than Cigna, but it's the same issue. There's a million different Cigna plans and they are selecting the wrong one.

Todd is right. Providers don't bill the Medigap plan, they submit to Medicare. If they are trying to file with any of the Cigna carriers it won't work.

The doctor's office is looking up Cigna in their billing program and not American retirement. Instead of calling Cigna, call the Dr.s office and ask them where they are billing. It should be ARLIC Austin, TX. I get this from time to time- more from Aetna supps than Cigna, but it's the same issue. There's a million different Cigna plans and they are selecting the wrong one.

I think this was the problem. I talked to her, and the dr office. they said they were trying to bill cigna. I talked to them about a half hour ago, havent heard back yet. Hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks for your help!

A lot of the doctor's offices bill both Medicare and the plan, even though they don't have to.

Most Medigap carriers won't take a direct claim, only one from Medicare. Dr offices that are doing this need to hire someone who knows what they are doing.

Most Medigap carriers won't take a direct claim, only one from Medicare. Dr offices that are doing this need to hire someone who knows what they are doing.

My thoughts exactly. Did they just start taking Medicare patients last week?

Back