CIGNA Selling IFP In Illinois 2017

Anyone hearing more about this? I read yesterday (don't recall the source) that CIGNA will only be Cook County. But it's not even listed at ratereview.healthcare.gov as a company that filed to offer plans ANYWHERE in Illinois for 2017.

I picked up that contract a couple of weeks ago and told that they will be paying agent commissions but they don't yet know how much. General plan details or area of availability were also non-existent. Oh well, I figured that I'd double down on time wasted.

I am an Arizona agent and we are receiving announcements that Ambetter will be offering plans in Arizona. At first we thought it was Cigna that would be the only provider offering plans, but evidently what is going to take place is that Ambetter will be "partnering" with Cigna to use their Cigna provider network, which consists of 100 doctors and 50 nurse practioners. We will have 126,000 people in Maricopa County that will be needing new individual family insurance. So I am wondering if your situation will be the same thing, this being a partnership situation with Ambetter vs. Cigna offering their own plans. Also don't know anything about Ambetter, but am not happy about what I am reading on your Illinois forum. Also anyone know what kind of commissions Ambetter pays. Reading something about two tiers on their website and its based on volume.

Back