ClearProtection +1000 or CoreGuard +1500

G

Anthem Blue Cross of CA is giving me until 3/31 to change my policy without underwriting. Am looking at either Clear Protection Plus 1000 or CoreGuard Plus 1500. Already have all the REALLY detailed specs on both. Am having hard time choosing. Recommendations would be helpful. Thank you.

Clear Protection Plus will subject you to less costs than Core Guard Plus. Lower out of pocket ($500), no inpatient facility co-pay ($500), 60/40 instead of 50/50 on the co-insurance. Drugs are same benefit ($7500 brand deductible, ugh) plus Clear Protect give you two office visits to a doctor (non preventive) for a $40 co-pay.

Clear Protection Plus will subject you to less costs than Core Guard Plus. Lower out of pocket ($500), no inpatient facility co-pay ($500), 60/40 instead of 50/50 on the co-insurance. Drugs are same benefit ($7500 brand deductible, ugh) plus Clear Protect give you two office visits to a doctor (non preventive) for a $40 co-pay.

Sorry, but your response is confusing. Aside from the 2 - $40 doctor visits, Clear Protection Plus 1000 has a $1,000 deductible and $3500 out-of-pocket, both of which must be met before any coverage kicks in for doctor visits, outpatient professional services, and non-surgical hospital outpatient services.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Go with the HSA.

Rick

Sorry, but your response is confusing. Neither of the plans I mentioned are HSAs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back