Client Pipeline and Tracking/Recordkeeping

mschwee

Hello fellow agents and brokers!

First ever post on the forums!

I'm an independent broker (acc, life, health) and retirement planner (have 7 & 66), and don't have others to solve this issue WITH me, so here I am! Seems like something new agents would (and maybe have?) ask about, so I thought I'd post it here.

I've been working in the industry for about 4 years now, and there's one thing that I've always struggled with - Developing repeatable and reliable systems to track clients, sales, renewals, and general operations of the business. If I had a way to automate some menial tasks that would be great, too!

Obviously, people generally use CRMs & Notecards for this task (as I do now, more or less - JUST subscribed to agencybloc) but simply having the software or a filing cabinet does not mean it's being put to optimum use. CRMs have so many facets that I don't seem to need, that the over-complication usually winds up creating more issues than they solve. On top of that, each line/product I get involved with has different information I should be tracking to lead to repeat sales or cross selling. What about weekly/monthly/quarterly procedures you do to keep yourself organized?

Would anyone be able to explain to me (like I'm a 5 year old) any tips/tricks/or processes that make a difference for them? Could someone walk me through their conversion pipeline step by step? I want to provide my clients with truly outstanding service, and I'd like to remove stress associated with the unknown and make it easier on myself.

I'd be eternally grateful for any info you'd be willing to share.

Thanks so much, everyone!

(hope I did this right)

Welcome!

Have you ever read "Building a Financial Services Clientele"?
Building A Financial Services Clientele, 12th Edition

If you do your monthly planning every 3rd Friday, you recap the last month and plan out for the next two months. You look at who you need to reach out to in the next month and why. If your system is properly optimized, you'll have a field to sort by (birthdate or policy anniversary for example) to reach out to new birthdays and 6-month later.

The book will help you with the whole process, but it really revolves around setting aside time every 3rd Friday to plan for the next 1-2 months.

DHK, thank you SOO SOOO much for taking the time to reply! I've never come across this before, and I'm so excited about it that I'll be putting in an order tonight. I understand that resources like this can be gold, so let's hope I get something good out of it! :)

Thanks again

Back