CMS and AHIP testing

Have a retiree category for MAPD business exempt from annual AHIP training?

• Total voters

25MercuryHP

Super Genius
AHIP MAPD annual training requirements approach.

Q: What happens to the 80 year old with 30,000.00 of renewals that cannot read a computer screen due to macular degeneration?

This poll is questioning the common sense of CMS providing a retirement training for agents that no longer are actively selling MAPD products.

Do you think that governing bodies should have a category for retirees so they dont lose their book of business?

Referrals are compensation for servicing your book. It 's pay for what you do, not for what you did. Having recently been diagnosed with macular degeneration, I feel qualified to answer this. The tiny amount of servicing I actually have to do makes me forget I am at least theoretically earning those referrals. The IRS is nice enough to remind me by calling it earned income.

Q: What happens to the 80 year old with 30,000.00 of renewals that cannot read a computer screen due to macular degeneration?

This poll is questioning the common sense of CMS providing a retirement training for agents that no longer are actively selling MAPD products.

Do you think that governing bodies should have a category for retirees so they dont lose their book of business?
Pay somebody to take it for you or sell your book.

Here is the thing though If you cannot take the test due to degenerative eye disease

How then will you service your clients?

What about When there is changes to their plans?

Then why do you feel the right to the commission paid to you for service you cannot do?

Sell your book its better for your clients especially with all the changes coming up

Last edited:
Here is the thing though If you cannot take the test due to degenerative eye disease

How then will you service your clients?

What about then there is changes to their plans?

Then why do you feel the right to the commission paid to you for service you cannot do?

Sell your book its better for your clients especially with all the changes coming up
There are provisions for people with disabilities . I believe we will see this come to head sooner than many think as agents with mega renewals find themselves younger than 80 yo having health issues. Someone that cannot read a computer doesnt mean they cannot service their clients if there are other options to do so.

There are provisions for people with disabilities . I believe we will see this come to head sooner than many think as agents with mega renewals find themselves younger than 80 yo having health issues. Someone that cannot read a computer doesnt mean they cannot service their clients if there are other options to do so.

It’s a simple solution in your scenario. 300k in renewals can easily get $500k to sell their book. If you can’t see a phone, you can’t service your clients. They are in fact, not your clients. They are the companies clients and you are most likely not able to servicing them.

It’s not all doom and gloom. Tell me any other industry you can work 20 hours a week and make $300k?

It’s a simple solution in your scenario. 300k in renewals can easily get $500k to sell their book. If you can’t see a phone, you can’t service your clients. They are in fact, not your clients. They are the companies clients and you are most likely not able to servicing them.

It’s not all doom and gloom. Tell me any other industry you can work 20 hours a week and make $300k?
You took the words right out of my mouth . And the companies are also saying “ that sucker works 20 hrs a week and were paying him $300k” . Go read cvs’s earnings . No agent even thinks this could be the yr CO’s saying “ were cutting benefits , copays and costs big . We’re cutting agent comp 50% . It’s arrogant to think the everyone’s going to feel pain and the agent left alone . I assure you if overrides allowed they’ll be cut . It’s absurd an fmo can make millions a yr and made money on the back end doing nothing .

My question is what's your plan if you die or can't function at all? If you got a plan probley need to act on it, if you don't have a plan, well it's time to get one in place

It say 30k total, so maybe 2 hours a month

Back