CMS final ruling today??

believe me brother i know i literally did thousands of trades day trading in the dot.com era.i was caught in a short squeeze shorting Movie Gallery stocks.i was right about the demise of the home video industry but was punished by the market makers so had to cover by short at about 20.00 then about two weeks later it was like 7.00 then went bankrupt about 3 month later.

You are indeed correct. I learned this lesson a few years ago, fortunately it didnt cost me a fortune, but it was not a cheap lesson to learn.

I think it is helpful for people to Jim Cramer discuss how he used to manipulate the market, using the same tricks is pals were using, in the 80s and 90s. If they were doing this then, what do you think they do now? He doesnt like that this video has managed to get reposted.

Remember, the reason those trades you're making are $0 is because the hedge fund is buying the daily trade data from the exchanges. They know what retail is doing, as it's happening. We likely cannot afford the information they are getting, as quickly as they get it.

Jim Cramer

A separate final rule related to marketing, prior authorizations and supplemental benefits will appear within days, CMS said in the news release.

edicare Advantage insurers will get lower payments next year, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services confirmed in a final rule published Monday.

The Medicare Advantage benchmark rate will decline 0.16% in 2025 under the regulation, which is the same amount the agency proposed in January. This marks the second consecutive year CMS reduced the benchmark rate.

Related: Medicare Advantage provider, benefit cuts may follow rate reduction

CMS said payments to Medicare Advantage plans will increase 3.7%, or more than $16 billion, next year. But the health insurance industry contends the core rate, excluding the risk score trend, is a cut compared to 2024. The 2025 benchmark rate is the difference between the 3.7% expected average change in revenue and the 3.86% Medicare Advantage risk score trend.

“The finalized policies in the rate announcement and the Part D redesign program Instructions will make improvements to keep Medicare Advantage payments up-to-date and accurate, lower prescription drug costs, and ensure that people with Medicare have access to robust and affordable healthcare options,” CMS Administrator Chiquita Brooks-LaSure said in a news release.

The final rule, which has not formally appeared in the Federal Register, also advances the three-year phase-in of a revised risk-adjustment model, implements a $2,000 out-of-pocket cap for Medicare Part D enrollees and maintains a 5.9% cut to the Medicare Advantage coding pattern adjustment, which aims to reduce risk scores by resolving discrepancies in medical coding between providers and insurers.

CMS expects previous changes to the Star Ratings quality measurement program will reduce payments 0.11% in 2025, versus 0.15% as originally proposed.

A separate final rule related to marketing, prior authorizations and supplemental benefits will appear within days, CMS said in the news release.

Health insurers react​

When the agency proposed the benchmark cut three months ago, the health insurance industry protested that it failed to recognize rising medical utilization and expenses. Insurers including market leaders UnitedHealth Group subsidiary UnitedHealthcare and Humana have reported financial strain as beneficiaries sought more outpatient care than projected last year.

Health insurance companies such as Centene have warned they may respond to a rate cut by trimming benefits, raising premiums and slashing provider reimbursements.

The health insurance trade group AHIP said the final rule will further squeeze Medicare Advantage carriers.

“These policies will put even more pressure on the benefits and premiums of 33 million Medicare Advantage beneficiaries who will be renewing their coverage this fall,” AHIP President and CEO Mike Tuffin said in a news release Monday. “It is important to note that the Medicare Advantage and Part D programs are already undergoing a number of significant regulatory and legislative changes."

CMS has enacted a series of policy changes in recent years that have hampered financial growth in Medicare Advantage, such as more stringent marketing rules, limits on prior authorizations, stricter financial audits and modifications to the Star Ratings program.

Medicare Advantage enrollment and expenses continue to outpace fee-for-service Medicare. Medicare Advantage membership was 33.8 million as of March 1, up 6.4% from a year ago, according to the most recent CMS data.

So the overrides and marketing rules will be released in next few days . Cms just threw carriers under the bus and didn’t listen to there bitching how the proposed rate increase was to small . You think they give 2 dams about the agent ? I’d be shocked if the reverse course on the initial proposal of axing overrides . Here’s what’s ironic . Even if CO’s did nothing with overrides I’m sure carriers would have slashed overrides and marketing money anyway

What makes you think DJT is NOT gonna be short squeezed if you can't find any to short? Or, maybe this is a political play, and the rich repubs will come to the rescue. Stock will follow the polls

because there is no business fundamentals or growth projections to support even a 5.00 valuation and Trump is possibly the worst businessman ever.Newest venture he goes in business with a man who sell bibles out of his garage

because there is no business fundamentals or growth projections to support even a 5.00 valuation and Trump is possibly the worst businessman ever.Newest venture he goes in business with a man who sell bibles out of his garage

You obviously didn’t trade in the 1990’s . I recall commerce one. A net company with 7 employees . It went to $20 bil cap up 100 plus times. Yes DJT will one day be zero. But will it run 10 times first? Will you be bankrupt trying to “short the top” before it falls ? Just like all the people who tried shorting Tesla on its incredible run before it fell

You obviously didn’t trade in the 1990’s . I recall commerce one. A net company with 7 employees . It went to $20 bil cap up 100 plus times. Yes DJT will one day be zero. But will it run 10 times first? Will you be bankrupt trying to “short the top” before it falls ? Just like all the people who tried shorting Tesla on its incredible run before it fell

Started in about 1998.I remember QUALCOM,Pet.com , the crooked analyst like Henry Blodgett pumping worthless stocks on CNBC and all that shit.The worst thing that every happened to me was the first time i bought a stock right after Cramer mentioned stock name on air and i sold it about 5 minutes later and made about 17k.Why is this bad? because i thought i was so smart to have made 17k in five minutes and proceeded to lose a few hundred thousand between 1998-2005

I usually would only keep a position for less than a day and usually less that 30 minutes but i remember one dot.com company i bought right after it was talked about on CNBC that went immediately way down and i broke the cardinal rule of day trading and held on to it for days as it kept declining.i tried to do research on company but couldn't find any info so i called the company and got a voicemail greeting that sounded like something a frat house would have.It was then i realized that many of these dot.com companies they were touting on CNBC were not even real companies at all

The MAGA cult will be the ones left holding the bag when truth social goes to shit. 3 employees, less active members than MENSA and a $8.8b market cap lol... One day trumpers will learn

Back