Countdown to cms final ruling

What do they each do for you on a daily basis?, weekly basis?, monthly basis?
They sure as hell don’t do enough to be making 80% override . I make $305 12 month commission and they make $250 . They make 50% of what I make in renewals . Show me Any other type of ins that makes 80% override on street commissions ?

I can't disagree with most of what you're posting on this topic. And I'm QUITE certain the companies who created the quoting tools will easily find a way to turn their SAAS business into a direct-to-agent model. In fact, my guess is they're set up to pull the trigger on this already if need be. Wouldn't you be? This is the weakest part of the argument they're ramming down everyone's throats. CSG is $50 a month. You're an agent with your own business. Suck it up.

Pay for my 50 non-res license renewals every few years, now we're getting into the "earning your override" rather than just "making money".

Note: Not all FMOs are the same and this clearly doesn't apply to every single one. But, c'mon man. We all know.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the FMOs effort to save their $$$$ was Herculean compared to their efforts to stop the 48 hr rule.... And the stupid verbal disclaimer within 1 minute... And the stupid disclaimer listing how many plans in your area....

They should be ashamed.

I absolutely did not sign their dumb petitions and I'm hoping we get the extra $31 per app raise as writing agents and a few levels get chopped.

By Next Monday we’ll know if overrides ,marketing money and Hra’s gone . I found it interesting yesterday wellcare sent out email lowering Hra’s from $225 to $150 on dsnps and no more money on non dsnp Hra’s . Also wellcare was paying hra fee’s immediately like Aetna before the plan went in effect . That’s gone .Now they pay on effective date . They mentioned persistency. Basically agents were gaming the system on dsnps . They’d write on March 1st get the $225 and rewrite on March 18th new carrier for April 1 effective date
Does anyone know if the FMOs will be able to continue to receive their overrides on the business that is currently on their books?

Does anyone know if the FMOs will be able to continue to receive their overrides on the business that is currently on their books?
Of course not . That will gone if overrides axed . Mapd commissions are declared annually. For instance a company paying $305 for a like to like mapd can pay $100 or 0 if they like . Only the maximum amount of comp allowed is set .There’s no set commissions or vesting sch on plans .

Not that I expected this to be on time, but any update on the final?
No . I expect 1 day next week between April 1 and 5 th . The last intitial proposed rule was on Nov 7 th 5 long months ago . This is a very very long time between the initial proposed rule and final rule . Although my Humana rep said he’ll be sad to give no marketing money next yr . Hard for me to believe some carriers don’t have some inside info to this as it’s been so long working on this . Mapd are very very concerned about final Medicare funding % . It’s crazy as last yr some CO’s gave first look teases in mid June(devoted ) . They need to get the final out

Of course not . That will gone if overrides axed . Mapd commissions are declared annually. For instance a company paying $305 for a like to like mapd can pay $100 or 0 if they like . Only the maximum amount of comp allowed is set .There’s no set commissions or vesting sch on plans .
It is funny that you mention this. I was just taking with another agent who asked the same. GA amendments also are released every year, so it would make sense that the overrides could also be downwardly adjusted.

Are you saying that the carriers can change our current vesting of renewals for past business at any time? ie from lifetime renewals to no renewals ?I understand they can decide to make a plan non commissionable but not clear on how that affects previous business.Hopefully competition between carriers for agent production will keep commissions the same for a while.

Back