CMS - Marketplace Registration

Am new to this site... hi everyone! Am a long time Indiv broker who sees $$ coming.

At any rate, I completed the training - anyone know anything about Step 2 - registering to work the Fed & State marketplaces?

I'll take all the news on that you've got, thanks!

Am new to this site... hi everyone! Am a long time Indiv broker who sees $$ coming.

At any rate, I completed the training - anyone know anything about Step 2 - registering to work the Fed & State marketplaces?

Part 2 is still getting thrown together.

p.s. You may want to take one of those dollar signs away once you hear your commission %

Steven, Welcome to the site there is a search bar in the upper right of the screen. Just pop in any word or string of words and hit enter, tons of info!

Steven, Welcome to the site there is a search bar in the upper right of the screen. Just pop in any word or string of words and hit enter, tons of info!

There is also a separate health reform forum for each state that you may find useful if you only focus on select states.

Does anyone know where I can find out about training for the exchange under the new Obama tax unaffordable care act

Thanks for welcome!

I'm seeing $$'s b/c there's going to be a lot of activity - activity leads to referrals and cross sales with no investment other than time.

Every time they cut our commissions, sure it was a drag but I was back to where I was within a year - and where that is, is on life plan.

I'm old school - do things the right way (put the client 1st) and everything will take care of itself from there. People can smell a salesperson thinking about themselves 1st a mile away.

I haven't needed a lead since my 5th year, now in my 16th... referral only. Leaves lots of time for the gym, reading...

I can't wait for this next phase in health insurance!!!

Guys/Gals if you have not finished any CMS courses, go in and finish them now, if they're still there. The following announcement has been added inside of the training website...
https://marketplace.medicarelearningnetworklms.com/

"To enhance users' experience, the Medicare Learning Network installed an update to the agent/broker training curriculums on August 29. Please note that after the updates to the agent/broker training curriculums are completed,

1. your previous progress in any uncompleted course or agreement will not be saved or bookmarked, and
2. your previous record of completed training materials (including courses, exams, agreements, and curriculums) will be unaffected."
-----snip----

In addition, to be safe, print out your completion certificate if you haven't yet done so on the slim chance that too many documents are removed.

Also, the CMS Broker page says that Part II of the Agent Certification (Identity Verification and E.ID Number assignment) still are still not ready for Agents/Brokers.

REF: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-and-Initiatives/Health-Insurance-Marketplaces/a-b-resources.html

-ac

Last edited:

You could spend 1-2 hours with each client. Maybe more.
Answering questions, gathering data, fact finding, entering data into the Marketplace website, etc will take some time.

When they see their final monthly price, there could be a LOT of "No thank you's".

When people just can't afford it, what can they do?
We MAY find that there are MORE uninsureds in 2014 than ever before.

I don't see any goldmines out there. I see a lot of hard work for a sale....a lot of "no's" before you get to a "yes".

There is also a separate health reform forum for each state that you may find useful if you only focus on select states.

Wish they had it on the app. Haven't gone on this site on my computer forever. I really want to know what fl is doin

Back