CMS - Marketplace Registration

You could spend 1-2 hours with each client. Maybe more.
Answering questions, gathering data, fact finding, entering data into the Marketplace website, etc will take some time.

When they see their final monthly price, there could be a LOT of "No thank you's".

When people just can't afford it, what can they do?
We MAY find that there are MORE uninsureds in 2014 than ever before.

I don't see any goldmines out there. I see a lot of hard work for a sale....a lot of "no's" before you get to a "yes".

It depends you may be able to give them a Bronze for free. Free is hard to beat.

Yes! There will be a lot of "free" coverage handed out.
But, there will be MANY:
- Medicaid
- Here's your Bronze price: $700/month
They'll say:
What's up? You got me a nice policy 2 years ago for $200/month.
You're trying to rip me off now???

They'll be mad at YOU (the friendly, helpful agent)...unless you steer the blame back to someone else. (More of your valuable time spent with them.)

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try hard to help people.
I'll be helping everyone who calls....myself.
But, I'm not expecting windfall profits.

And, I haven't found anything else to offer them.
I can't suggest STM in good conscience. Just too risky for THEM.

Short term is still hippa compliant that means if they can't renew they get a sep With guarantee issue into an obamacare plan

ST MM is not considered MEC, therefore when you lose it, it does NOT create a SEP.

Must wait until OEP. Now, if they get sick, policy expires AND they lose their income........the income loss generates an SEP. So, if you get really sick, make sure you stop working. Remember, this is really the "couch potato" law. The more you sit on the couch, the less you pay for insurance.

But............I've been wrong before.

You're correct it does not qualify as mec you'll be responsible for the penalty but the law states if you cannot renew your plan at no fault of your own you get an sep

lets shake the bushes
I havnt read anything here or anywhere on this

"ST MM is not considered MEC, therefore when you lose it, it does NOT create a SEP.
Must wait until OEP. Now, if they get sick, policy expires AND they lose their income........the income loss generates an SEP. So, if you get really sick, make sure you stop working. Remember, this is really the "couch potato" law. "

"You're correct it does not qualify as mec you'll be responsible for the penalty but the law states if you cannot renew your plan at no fault of your own you get an sep"

so 2 somewhat differing interpretations
par for the course on this thing

but my new question is this: who exactly will decide?
irs, hhs, some appeal board?
when I call arguing this on behalf of my client,
who will be on the other end of the line?

OMGGG forum members what is the real shiat regarding short term health...? What if your short term expires say July of 2014, is a SEP granted or NO? Whats the real story here? It is a BIG question!

About half way through the forums list. Select Health insurance exchange forums. Then there is list of states.

WTH, its not on my forum list at all. I went up and down it 3 times and only see Health Insurance Reform and the regular Health insurance forum..

Is this some kinda joke :goofy:

Latest posts

Back