Cold Door Knockers - Any Street Sheets?

Luv4Insurance

Expert
For those of you who do non-lead cold door knocking...do you use any spread sheets to keep track of addresses, names, additional notes? At my old employment, we used what was called a "street sheet" which had a great template and was very useful out on the field. I was wondering if any of you use the same and wouldn't mind sharing that document?

For those of you who do non-lead cold door knocking...do you use any spread sheets to keep track of addresses, names, additional notes? At my old employment, we used what was called a "street sheet" which had a great template and was very useful out on the field. I was wondering if any of you use the same and wouldn't mind sharing that document?

It's very easy to just create a simple template with excel.

I knock from a targeted marketing list now, but when I started I was just going door to door, I created something similar.

You should be able to fit about 40 knocks on each sheet. Write down the street name, then the address numbers as you approach the address. Keep track of Not Homes, Not Interested, Appointments, Presentations & Leads. Then you can break your day down each day and get to know your numbers.

You'll want a separate sheet to take down lead information. Gather as much data as can and get them agree to a follow up call. I have a disclaimer on mine that says they authorize a follow up call by either auto-dial or manual dialing and that by agreeing, this is not a condition of purchase. Have them sign the lead sheet. This creates the ability to build yourself a TCPA compliant list that you can call on for those rainy days.

----------

Also, the biggest mistake most canvassers make is not going back and re-knocking your not homes at different times during the same day.

Before I focused on the senior market, the majority of my sales were between 5-9 pm.

My goal each day was to knock at least 80 doors and then go re-knock all my not homes at least once. It's a fail proof system!

Last edited:

I do CCD2D, too, and I use use a GPS app on my cell that tracks what streets I go down. I don't keep track of each house I go to, I just wait a couple of years and hit the same hood again.

When working a street (dang, that sounds bad....), I just go to the ones that have cars in the driveway (or parked near the chicken coop).

I used to use Google's My Tracks and import the tracks into Maps, but Google has messed both apps up so I had to go with another one. If you have Android let me know and get you the app name.

Also, when I find someone that wants to talk insurance I use an Excel info sheet. I'll post that if'n you want it. It's how I turn door knocks into a 'lead card', so to speak.

It may be overly simplistic... but I only track the "yes's" and the "future follow-ups". Any contact where they are open to an appointment or a future contact.

All the 'no's' or 'not home'... doesn't matter. That doesn't mean that I won't stop by again the same day, the next week, or the next month, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time to track and document it.

If someone is especially rude... I may make a note of it... but I'll probably also vividly remember that house and just avoid it for the future.

For a compliant call list - that's only for the "yes's"... those that gave me their number and permission to call back. The law says that's good for 90 days... but in reality, it's as good as they'll welcome your calls, or they say that they are no longer interested. So just date the sheet when you gathered the information. I doubt you need a signature... unless you plan to harass people until they buy or not.

Now, after you've sold a few of the neighbors in the area, you create a sheet of those who are your clients with name, profession, and city where they live. You take that sheet and you show that sheet as your CURRENT CLIENT LIST in the area... and that adds a little more credibility to your offering when you're going up and down a street cold. That's a technique that is used all the time at Combined Insurance.

Back