Commision On annuities

What kind of money can someone make selling annuties? What is the range of points can be made? Just want to get a little more information as to what expect when selling annuties

I get between 7% and 10% with Allianz depending on the product. I don't do annuities though - just another wasted appointment - lol . . .

Tom

The last junket I went on to Cabo San Lucas a few months ago, the average income from annuities there was probably about $450,000 per year.

That would be a junket for top producers, of course. I was close to the bottom of those guys. I see a producer from Arizona every time that easily makes over a million each year.

That being said, the question is like asking how much a restaurant owner makes. Some make a lot, some make nothing or even lose money.

The last junket I went on to Cabo San Lucas a few months ago, the average income from annuities there was probably about $450,000 per year.

That would be a junket for top producers, of course. I was close to the bottom of those guys. I see a producer from Arizona every time that easily makes over a million each year.

That being said, the question is like asking how much a restaurant owner makes. Some make a lot, some make nothing or even lose money.

Im thinking I know that cat in AZ you mention... He is a monster producer...

ok. Who has 12%?

For real tho...who offers this? I know i can get you .5% above street level with AVIVA and that's pretty good, but that still only equates to 8.5% on the 10% bonus annuity product. I know there are a couple of Allianz products that offer just a little bit more but I don't do Allianz as they have crap for support and too many hidden fees and clauses built into their products...but 12%? Where? With Whom? With Whom do I need to contact about this?

I'm not sure you can get 12% any more unless you are way up the food chain. 4 years ago you could get 12% from, I think, Sun Life. They were not client friendly, needless to say. I was involved with one inside a trust that had a 20 year surrender and paid the producer a 12% commission. Luckily I was not involved in the sale itself since it ended up in a big suitability law suit over the $2 million sale. A principal part of the suit was that the $240,000 commission was the sole motivation to make the sale. Kind of obvious, seems to me.

Back