Commision On annuities

pebble head, I am convinced you may have had a not-so-great experience and I am not arguing with you, at all.

But, in your last post here, one thing really stuck out. To make it short, I am wondering why you as the agent/adviser did not take matters into your own hands, long before those months could have past. You said you finally got the job done yourself. After all of those "months," why did you not act much sooner?

If it were me, I would have taken matters into my own hands long before "months" could have ever rolled by.

Based upon your own testimony, do you not take at least some of the responsibility for not acting sooner?

No offense, either.

Re-read a FEW more times and maybe you will find the explanation as to why. I put my trust in someone who said the job WAS GETTING DONE all the while it wasn't. I didn't know the company product all that well and placed trust in someone who promised me he would get the job done. COMPRENDE? You sound as slow as ERIC.

I see. So, it is safe to conclude that you as an agent/adviser do not take any fiduciary responsibility - after "months" of time go by.

Of all the years I have been in finance, this is the first time I have witnessed someone in your position not taking action well before "months" go by. Then, not take any responsibility. That is very convenient.

Eric Palmer is a F*&^$% JOKE! The guy is like 27 years old and says he's been in the business for 9-10 years BUT doesn't know SQUAT! I have personally dealt with this guy and I know some agents who have used him. He drags his ass while his clients monies take a beating, doesn't know how to work clients from all workplaces and I would NEVER recommend using him for business. If someone else has had a different experience with him, then you got lucky. I know enough about this business to know not to mess with him!

You should say how you really feel come on now Dont hold back!!;)

Eric Palmer is a moron. Of course Brokers Alliance would claim to have a positive experience with him. He WORKS WITH THEM!

I would never deal with Brokers Alliance. Go direct!

What kind of money can someone make selling annuties? What is the range of points can be made? Just want to get a little more information as to what expect when selling annuties

Fixed pay less than most indexed accounts. There is always wiggle room with your FMO - so negotiate above street if you can.

Well to get back on topic I would just like to say it really depends on what kinds of annuity products that you decide to sell your clients for their situation.

There are MYGA, Traditional, Fixed Indexed, Variable, and Immediate annuities. They are all very different and all have their own commission range and payouts. The length of the contract and the company that offers them all factor into things as well.

In general commissions have been getting smaller recently and this trend will likely continue in the future. ANother trend is mandatory trailing commissions.

Last edited:
I see. So, it is safe to conclude that you as an agent/adviser do not take any fiduciary responsibility - after "months" of time go by.

Of all the years I have been in finance, this is the first time I have witnessed someone in your position not taking action well before "months" go by. Then, not take any responsibility. That is very convenient.

Wow. I'm really glad I don't do any business with Brokers alliance. Such nastiness and so unwilling to just eat a sh*t sandwich.

Can't you apologize and reassure the rest of us that this won't happen again; that Eric has been spoken to; perhaps it has been brought up in staff meetings as unacceptable practice?

What Pebblehead did or didn't do is irrelevant. He put his faith in your organization.

What are you doing to restore ours?

I know of an A+ rated carrier that pays 10% commission, 86% liquid from day one, no caps, no fees with a 10, 7, 5,1 yr surrender charge. Real nice product!

Back