Company Name Recognition: Does It Make Prospecting Easier

I wish I could get a hold of some shirts with the UHC/AARP logo on them! Anybody know where I could score some?

Just curious why. Are they your primary company? I have shirts from several companies and use them as yard shirts.

I use names recognition in the who am I part of my intro.

Last edited:
New York Life recruiter claimed name alone makes prospecting about 40% easier, as long as you put in the work, any truth to that?

As a former NYL agent I can tell you that this statement is complete BS.

At times having the NYL card helped prospecting, because every once in a while you will find someone who likes a certain company based on a past experience.

But 95% of the people you speak to will not care that you work for NYL... your just another insurance agent to them.

Also, be very careful believing recruiters. Those NYL recruiters are under a lot of pressure to keep their recruiting numbers high... things in those meetings tend to get exaggerated very quickly.

----------

Have interest from NYL, Mutual of O & MetLife, and I know I'm crazy to consider leaving as as an Indy, but as I don't purchase leads, prospecting has been tough in terms of cold calling & door knocking without having a "name" I can attach myself too. Think there are just some people more at ease with working with an established company, even though I've let them know as an Indy I can work with those companies too.

Your problem is how you frame who you are and what you do.

Do you have a name for your business or do you just work under your own name?

If you confidently tell them "I am an independent insurance agent who shops the market for you and finds you the policy that is the best possible fit", 99% of the time they see that as a positive.
You can even follow it up with a few big name insurers to give them an idea of the quality of companies you represent.

But if you are having trouble prospecting then the training programs that NYL and Met provide might be good for you. But do not expect the company name to magically make prospecting easier. I assure you it will not. Prospecting is about technique, not name recognition.

Last edited:
Back