Comparative Raters - Is it worth it for small commercial?

Chris_Agent_30

Hi,

I am new to the forum so firstly hello to everyone.

I have been an independent personal lines insurance broker for a few years now and I often get small business clients asking me if I can help with their GL, BOP, workers comp... The premiums are likely to be sub $1000.

I am considering signing up to one of the raters like Tarmika or Tallage but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using these before I go down that path? Am I better off selling these leads to Bold Penguin which is what I do occasionally?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Do small business people have employees that are not your customer? No better referral than the boss saying this is the guy/gal that handles all our personal and business insurance

I am more a Personal lines guy, but do some Commercial Lines for some of my clients. In general I would say that the sub $5,000 BOPS are not so much about pricing as about Who takes What. And that is all the more so sub $1,000 policies.

I am 100% commercial p&c. I have been writing commercial insurance for 10 years, and all that time I have been waiting to see a commercial rater that is worth the trouble. If you find one, let me know, come back and tell me about it, because I haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:
Back