Comparative Rating Software in CA

for us it was all the external carriers integration that keeps us hanging on to FSC and their lackluster upgrade to products.

Mercury / Travelers / Allied / Kemper et al ... all merge up into the carriers policy issuance systems and our mgmnt system AMS for Windows.

Didnt know there was a competitor for FSC that offered that ?

I think Silver Plume only has a certain number of companies they have external integration with. For the others, we've found that Zap App will help us, so the integration hasn't been an issue in our talks so far. That reminds me, I have to double check all of that info with them.

We tried EZ lynx and it's a nice interface. For now, we just run the quotes and get the rate from each carrier's website.

We decided to go with Silver Plume, it's been amazing so far. Being able to pull the VINs and DLs for the whole house has pretty much paid for the system itself.

Rocketboy, I didn't get into FSC's Stealth Rater, what is the difference between that and the regular one? Also, has there been a difference since FSC got bought out?

FSC is extremely expensive. They've been charging far too much for very little for a long time. Silverplume has it's perks, but I'd really take a look at Quomation. They are reasonably priced, they have almost all the companies in the state, and they've been a great fit for my office. You can check out their website at Quomation dot com.

I looked at quomation too, but they were missing some extra features which has helped me to build up my book a lot more. If I wanted to stay a small agency, I might have gone that route. I'd like to build up my book as fast as possible though, every little bit helps with this economy we're dealing with.

If you are interested at looking at another comparative quoting solution, you could certainly give SEMCAT a quick call. We're available in 31 states and support over 160 carriers presently, so its likely a good portion of your carriers are supported - plus we add 1-2 carriers per week! More info available at semcat dot net.

Just wanted to present another option for you in state of California!

WARNING TO POTENTIAL QUOMATION RATER USERS IN CALIFORNIA!
I recently paid the $199 set up fee thinking that QUOMATION was going to be good deal, read on and beware!
I quickly found out that several companies that Quomation listed on their service list, DID NOT allow bridges to the applications!! This basically made the product useless for me because I would have to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. IF QUOMATION LISTS A CARRIER THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE BRIDGE FUNCTION SHOULD'NT THEY ADVISED A CUSTOMER OF THIS BEFORE SELLING THEIR PRODUCT? DURING ONE OF MY CLIENT APPOINTMENTS, I HAD TO CALL QUOMATION TECH SUPPORT AND AFTER THEY COULD NOT FIX THE PROBELM, THEY REFERRED ME BACK TO THE CARRIER WHO TOLD ME THAT IT WAS "QUOMATIONS PROBLEM" THAT THEY HAD ADVISED QUOMATION THAT THEIR SOFTWARE HAD NOT BEEN SET UP YET TO WORK PROPERLY WITH THE QUOMATION BRIDGE, "THERE ARE ALOT OF BUGS THAT HAVE TO BE WORKED OUT HE CLAIMED AND STATED I WOULD HAVE TO COMPLETE ALL THE APPS BY HAND! I LOST A CUSTOMER DUE TO THIS EMBARRASSMENT. QUOMATION SEEMS TO HAVE JUMPED THE GUN IN OFFERING SERVICES THEY COULD NOT PRODUCE, POSSIBLY IN EFFORTS TO COMPETE WITH THE FSC PRODUCT?? After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund this is what I was told by their accounting section; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up. OK... SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!
HERE IS MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENTS / BROKERS CONSIDERING QUOMATION: PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID THE QUOMATION TRAP. GO WITH THE "FSC" RATER.

PLUS MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET ARE TELLING ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER!!!!
Good Luck to All!

Back