Comparing 2014 F Supp Plans in Florida

Agentinjax

Expert
I have never sold Supps but, a lot of people are asking me for them this year so I will have to go ahead and start selling them. From what I have gathered from the site, the better plan is F and the most economical F Plan in Florida is thru United? Agree or Disagree? I tried to pull a comparison off medicare.gov...didn't have any success. I see a lot of carriers listed on Medicare.gov but, is there another resource out there that compares which rate per carrier other than my going to each carrier site to research this?

I have never sold Supps but, a lot of people are asking me for them this year so I will have to go ahead and start selling them. From what I have gathered from the site, the better plan is F and the most economical F Plan in Florida is thru United? Agree or Disagree? I tried to pull a comparison off medicare.gov...didn't have any success. I see a lot of carriers listed on Medicare.gov but, is there another resource out there that compares which rate per carrier other than my going to each carrier site to research this?

Go to https://www.ritterim.com/ You'll have to register. They have a side by side quoting engine for Supplement by state/zip codes.

Unless you have an extremely competitive F plan, you will lose to another agent that shows plan G.

UHC doesn't offer G.

Yes, united is the cheapest in florida, and most popular.
In my opinion plan F is not the plan you get the most bang for your buck for. But it is the easiest to sell, because it is the easiest to understand for both you and the customer.
I would start by selling UHC plan F, but take time to educate yourself on the other plans as well. Plan N, is great choice for most people, and they usually get the most bang for their buck out of it. But this plan, does time to educate them on how the plan works. If you dont educate them properly, you will have another agent come in after you and replace it with an F.

as for the resource to get rates go here:

https://apps.fldfs.com/mcws/CWSSearch.aspx

----------

Unless you have an extremely competitive F plan, you will lose to another agent that shows plan G.

UHC doesn't offer G.

There aren't any really competitive G's in florida, except for BCBS. But they dont seem to market hard enough in florida for me to really consider them "the competition"

Last edited:
I disagree, I have many customers that have the N and are very confused after they forget everything I said about it. I will most always sell F, in the end, its the best plan ever.

I disagree, I have many customers that have the N and are very confused after they forget everything I said about it. I will most always sell F, in the end, its the best plan ever.

Plan G is better if the client can qualify for it. The big diffence is the part B deductible that they pay in G, the savings in plan G premium will also offset this amount. Also the rate of increase in plan G is usually lower than plan F.:yes:

Plan G is better if the client can qualify for it. The big diffence is the part B deductible that they pay in G, the savings in plan G premium will also offset this amount. Also the rate of increase in plan G is usually lower than plan F.:yes:

That's the "big" difference? It's the ONLY difference.

Rick

That's the "big" difference? It's the ONLY difference. Rick
The difference in the premiums from F to G will almost always be bigger than the $147 part B deductible. Easy to explain than plan N

"Mr/Mrs client, you'll pay the first $147 out of pocket and than your plan G will pay everything else. $147 divided by 12 months is $12.25 per month. Plan G's premiums is $xx less than F and that's your monthly savings..... Go grab your checkbook"

Lior Sela

The difference in the premiums from F to G will almost always be bigger than the $147 part B deductible. Easy to explain than plan N

"Mr/Mrs client, you'll pay the first $147 out of pocket and than your plan G will pay everything else. $147 divided by 12 months is $12.25 per month. Plan G's premiums is less than F and that's your monthly savings..... Go grab your checkbook"

Lior Sela

Thanks for clarifying.

So saying, if you are willing to pay the $147 deductible you can save $300 is too easy to understand. In other words, would you like to pay your insurance company $300 to pay $147 for you?

Why would you go though all "divide by, etc"? By the way, do you really think it's hard to explain Plan N? Over 90% of my clients buy that plan from me so it can't be that hard to explain.

Just curious as to how long you've been working with seniors and selling insurance.

Rick

Thanks for clarifying. So saying, if you are willing to pay the $147 deductible you can save $300 is too easy to understand. In other words, would you like to pay your insurance company $300 to pay $147 for you? Why would you go though all "divide by, etc"? By the way, do you really think it's hard to explain Plan N? Over 90% of my clients buy that plan from me so it can't be that hard to explain. Just curious as to how long you've been working with seniors and selling insurance. Rick

It's not hard to explain the Plan N at all. From my (8 years in the senior market) experience, the up to $20 co-pay is not attractive to some. Also, plan G covers 100% excess charges which is a big plus if the doctor doesn't accept Medicare assignment rate. I prefer to present the plan G but will not say no to N. If someone has N I'll keep them there if I can beat the rate. I replaced an N with a G on Friday and still saved the client $21/m

Lior Sela

Back