Confused Again with Exchanges

timsip, I have no interest in convincing you one way or other. I am just saying what I have seen.

Maybe Yagents is right. I do not have data about number of carriers per exchange. I do know that in some states I have seen 10+ carriers attending meetings. So they are at least building technical capability. I do not know if they will actually offer products.

attending a meeting and having your plans submitted by yesterday are 2 different things...... we will all know very very soon who is playing and who aint.

in texas I feel we will have a broad range of carriers playing.... maybe more than we have now..... always have felt that would be the case but I dunno.....and I don't care, I sell insurance... just give me a website and I will make chit happen

timsip, I have no interest in convincing you one way or other. I am just saying what I have seen.

Maybe Yagents is right. I do not have data about number of carriers per exchange. I do know that in some states I have seen 10+ carriers attending meetings. So they are at least building technical capability. I do not know if they will actually offer products.

Wait, in your first post you said that "most big guys are participating in exchanges." Now you are saying that you don't know if they are going to offer products. Kind of an odd dance you are dancing, don't you think? You also haven't defined what you mean by 'big guys'. There are more insurance carriers in existence that most of us insurance agents have not heard of than that we have. Seeing 10 carriers in a meeting does not constitute a commitment, nor does it mean the 'big guys' are participating. It isn't about convincing me or anyone else; it's about being honest.

Your name implies you are here looking for business from insurance agents, not wanting to contribute to the knowledge base here. I don't trust you. I will go with all of the published information that has been posted so far and the actual insurance agents here that I do trust.

timsip, new posting was to clarify what I said in earlier posting that a lot of big names (like a few I mentioned in first post) are at least participating in exchange meetings. Why would they attend meetings if they have no intention of selling? So it was fairly reasonable on my part to say that companies are participating in exchanges.

Can you point to what published information you referred to?

Answer to your question: You watch football for entertainment.
My question still stands.

Also 3 year old information may not necessarily be true. I am talking about meetings I attended few days ago.

Are we just arguing for arguments sake? I am really not sure what I am trying to prove or disprove. I just stated what I saw in a meetings. You are welcome to not believe me, or believe me and draw your own inferences from it.

Good luck with whatever you are trying to find.

My CA connections tell me that Blue, Kaiser, Cigna, Anthem might be the exch players. As the lead CA ACA agent.. I;ll know more soon

Answer to your question: You watch football for entertainment.
My question still stands.

Also 3 year old information may not necessarily be true. I am talking about meetings I attended few days ago.

Are we just arguing for arguments sake? I am really not sure what I am trying to prove or disprove. I just stated what I saw in a meetings. You are welcome to not believe me, or believe me and draw your own inferences from it.

Good luck with whatever you are trying to find.

Why can't you tell us who the 'big guys' are? What state's exchanges are you attending meetings in? You do know that each state for the most part will vary, right? Just because a carrier will play in Illinois, doesn't mean they will be in Iowa.

If you go through these forums, you will see that we have collectively done countless hours of research. This kind of trumps your 'I've been to meetings.' Most active members of this forum have been to meetings and webinars and conference calls all covering every topic you can think of related to health care reform. In fact, I have attended meetings at my State House regarding the exchanges, but that doesn't mean I am going to be involved at all. I haven't decided. Show us which exchanges you have been attending meetings for, tell us what was said and you might get a more welcome reception.

You would benefit greatly by reading this information found in this forum.

Trust me when I say that most of us have found what we were looking for. You can too if you read the forum.

I have already named a few names previously. I am hesitant to say too much as I have signed too many NDAs.

I found a lot of public information regarding this, e.g.
"Aetna and Humana executives each said this week that the insurers plan to participate in exchanges in 14 states" (I am not allowed to post urls, so search for "State says 6 insurance carriers submit plans for exchange" to see the article)

There are lot more names named in that article. I have seen job listings from multiple companies including blue cross blue shield hiring people for upcoming work in exchanges.

I think most companies will not participating in all states because cost/effort is not worth the rewards as every company is not competitive in all states.

Yes I am new here and I do not know what collective information is there otherwise. I will try to read old posts to educate myself.

We welcome u to the forum and look forward to your contributions. We need all hands on deck with this monster of a law

Back