Coverage for Infertility Treatment

GAHEALTH

Guru
100+ Post Club
Got a client that is looking to get coverage on herself.
She is looking for something that would cover infertility treatments (after a waiting period).

Any suggestions on the insurer/plan that would be good for her?

Infertility coverage on individual plans will be very hard to find. Infertility is rarely offered without a mandate. Fifteen states mandate some level of coverage, but these laws primarily apply to group coverage. Georgia does not have an infertility mandate - but Maryland does.

Her best bet is to check the plans offered by both employers - hers and her husband's. If one of the employers is headquartered in a mandate state, she may get coverage that way.

Infertility coverage on individual plans will be very hard to find. Infertility is rarely offered without a mandate. Fifteen states mandate some level of coverage, but these laws primarily apply to group coverage. Georgia does not have an infertility mandate - but Maryland does.

Her best bet is to check the plans offered by both employers - hers and her husband's. If one of the employers is headquartered in a mandate state, she may get coverage that way.

Thanks. She is currently not employed. I looked at all the plans offered by the carriers I represent - an not one has coverage for infertility.

Infertility is the auto insurance equivalent of needed a new car for your 16 year old son, can't afford one so you call up Geico.

Here's a thought.

If my 16 yr old knocks up a girl in the back seat of his car is the auto insurance liable for paying the maternity claim?

Back