CoveredCA

I take the class this thursday in Riverside to become certified. Does anyone know if I have to get appointed with the Kaiser, Blue shield, anthom cross etc. etc or once I'm certified with CC I can sell those different companies? Thanks

How long typically does it take to get appointed? I sell mostly life and thought I would change things up and try health insurance since it is now mandatory to have.

On a positive note, some comments about how great Covered CA is working taken from their Facebook page:

Cheri: I applied in October all my Drs and the Hospitals were in the plan. When I finally got the Enhanced PPO I have found none of these are on here now. I am so upset I gave up my old PPO Plan. But the costs went up 50%. I am beyond angry! When I call Blue Cross they tell me I need to talk to Covered CA. When I call Covered CA they say it is Blue Shield I need to talk to.

Response: I think it's Blue Shield you need to talk to. They're the ones who contract with the doctors. If they try to push you back to Covered California, ask them why - what does Covered California have to do with it? Unless you want to change plans, which you can still do. I also have Blue Shield and I'm considering it because I hear this over and over again. All the plans except Kaiser have this problem to some extent but Blue Shield seems to be the worst or the one people complain about most.

Response 2: At least blue shield's list shows one hospital near me on their approved list for a CC PPO plan. Anthem's list shows NO hospitals approved within 100 miles! At least blue shield's ppo plan will pay 50% at non-preferred doctors & hospitals but anthem's epo & the other hmo plans would not pay at all. Of course however can we even believe the online doctor & hospital lists are accurate?

https://www.facebook.com/browse/likes?id=692603030780123

How long typically does it take to get appointed? I sell mostly life and thought I would change things up and try health insurance since it is now mandatory to have.

My appoinent with Kaiser took about 2 weeks, ao you still have a little bit of time, emphasis on little.
Worth a try, if not you can always have that Appointment for SHOP throughout the Year.

I'm about done with this. We have doctors breaking contracts left and right with Anthem and Blue Shield. There are still many small doctors offices that don't even know the pathway network is reimbursing at near Medi Cal levels. We are only selling Health Net and Kaiser. Most other plans are private Medi Cal now

Michael

I'm about done with this. We have doctors breaking contracts left and right with Anthem and Blue Shield. There are still many small doctors offices that don't even know the pathway network is reimbursing at near Medi Cal levels. We are only selling Health Net and Kaiser. Most other plans are private Medi Cal now

Michael

Every other telephone call we are now receiving starts out like this, " I just went to my physician and they do not accept Anthem Pathway PPO". Even though the physician is listed as a Pathway PPO provider at Anthems website. WTH?

Back