CoveredCA

Every other telephone call we are now receiving starts out like this, " I just went to my physician and they do not accept Anthem Pathway PPO". Even though the physician is listed as a Pathway PPO provider at Anthems website. WTH?

WTH indeed.
I am just figuring out that Contra Costa Health Services does not payout a Commission for placing people under them!!! Are there any other Companies in the Exchange that do NOT compensate Brokers?:no:

Health Net bronze level pays $30 one time commission. Silver and higher metals are a flat 5%. Anthem is a flat $18 per belly button

Michael

WTH indeed.
I am just figuring out that Contra Costa Health Services does not payout a Commission for placing people under them!!! Are there any other Companies in the Exchange that do NOT compensate Brokers?:no:

Wait, so you can get appointed with Contra Costa but they don't pay any commissions at all???

Yep, a measley 2% commission. And to think we made 20% 4 yrs ago 1st yr. I have been selling Assurant at 6% 1st yr and 1% renewal. I'm keeping my current book but focusing on group going forward. Individual doesn't look good at all if it changed to what it is in 2 months.

Michael

Yep, a measley 2% commission. And to think we made 20% 4 yrs ago 1st yr. I have been selling Assurant at 6% 1st yr and 1% renewal. I'm keeping my current book but focusing on group going forward. Individual doesn't look good at all if it changed to what it is in 2 months.

Michael

I'm thinking that in the new Open Enrollment environment if the plans were sold properly then we may see a bit more stability given that members know they can't get their coverage back if they drop it. Health can't be an agent's sole source anymore, but I'm hoping it can be a nice, low hassle block from April-November (and even longer in 2015+) while we focus on our other projects.

Back