CPA's As a Lead Source

I got my first quality referral from a CPA about 2 weeks ago. After 4 years in the business, this is the only referral I've received from a CPA. To my delight it was a doctor group with 36 employees.

I was actually working with another doctor who was a client of the CPA, and the CPA mentioned that I should call one of his other clients who was in the same position.

This doesn't happen very often, but I'm happy when it does.

Last edited:
Of all the professional groups, CPAs' would be the most difficult to deal with, believe it or not, even as clients.

The older ones seem to think the whole world is crooked and they have to straighten everybody out. That being said, the gentleman's post about the doctor group referral is would be the most likely outcome, from your own cpa, if he thinks you are capable and successful, as reflected in your tax return.

On the other hand, I haven't found the younger ones to be really any different than anyone else. The under 30 crowd will deal with anyone that they like and that seems competent. I gained my first CPA client my second year in the business, but they really don't have enough clients to give extraordinary referrals.

Back