Creating the "perfect" P&C IMO

I feel behind the times having never heard of I-insureme. I'm not going to bash what I dont know, but it sounds too handsoffish to me.

It was designed for Professionals who had a client base but did not necessarily want to be in the P&C industry. People like Realtors, Lenders, Life Agent, Financial Advisors, Tax Professionals, etc. It allows these people to contract with I-Insureme and it's Agency Partner, to provide auto & home insurance to their client base and in return get paid 50% for NB and renewals.

It works because these Professionals do not want a second job. They were willing to split the commission. I was restructuring my agency and no longer wanted to run a P&C insurance agency full time. I wanted to subcontract the P&C part out so I did my research and found I-insureme and I gave it a shot. Based on the information, it looked great.

Unfortunately, the execution was a clusterf**k. It was bad enough that Business operation closed at 5 central times (I believe?) and No Weekend. The average quote time for one customer took 4-5 days. Then it would take another several days after that to bind the policy. The total time to complete one transaction can range up to 7 days. No one is going to get auto insurance that took 7 days to complete when they can get one done in 30 minutes at another agency.

These agents at the Agency Partner were employees with employee mentality, the moment the clock lands at 5 PM, they were done. It didn't matter if a client needed insurance at 5 PM on a Friday night. The clients were left hanging until Monday. I have never seen such a clusterf**k of an insurance operation in my life. I puke at the thought of even sending my clients there during my trial with them.

Last edited:
It was designed for Professionals who had a client base but did not necessarily want to be in the P&C industry. People like Realtors, Lenders, Life Agent, Financial Advisors, Tax Professionals, etc. It allows these people to contract with I-Insureme and it's Agency Partner, to provide auto & home insurance to their client base and in return get paid 50% for NB and renewals. It works because these Professionals do not want a second job. They were willing to split the commission. I was restructing my agency and no longer wanted to run a P&C insurance agency full time. I wanted to subcontract the P&C part out so I did my research and found I-insureme and I gave it a shot. Based on the information, it looked great.

Unfortunately, the execution was and still is a clusterf**k. Business operation closed at 5 central times (I believe?). No Weekend quotes available. The average quote time for one customer took 4-5 days and we couldn't contact the Agency Partner to hurry up or to see if the quote was quoted and given to the customer already. These agents at the Agency Partner were employees with employee mentality, the moment the clock lands at 5 PM, they were done. It didn't matter if a client needed insurance at 5 PM on a Friday night. The clients were left hanging until Monday. I have never seen such a clusterf**k of an insurance operation in my life. I puke at the thought of even sending my clients there during my trial with them.
Wow Mike... well... there is that... I have a few agency partners out your way I could get you in touch with... or Heck hire yourself one P&C licensed account manager I'll give you the carriers you need and give you 80 - 90% commission.

I mean in all seriousness the concept is great, but no one will ever be as good to your clients as you, maybe building a rent a producer/account manager for your not-p&c agency is a good new venture.

Back