Credit History Getting Started?

Well I will start by saying that I was discharged from a chap 13 60 days ago. I had to do this due to a long struggle with the IRS. Anyway I have emerged after 66 months of paying $1000 a month with no debt other than 3 yrs left on my mortgage. I have saved my equity by keeping my house.
A year ago I had a credit score of 650 even while in a chap 13. Then a couple of months after that credit check it dropped off completely. I have NO credit score now.

Of course the chap 13 discharge shows on my report. Well, Woodmen of the World turned my field contract down. Do I need to forget getting any type of advance contract in this industry now? :1mad:

I don't know a whole lot about it but I can help you explore it further.

Have you thought about starting out not requesting an advance and once you begin writing business and have some on the books then inquiring about an advance? You may find the preferred companies a little more receptive to doing it that way.

If I can help give me a call.

I agree with Frank. With most companies, if you take as earned you probably would not have any problem. It is when you want advanced commissions that the carriers get their noses bent out of shape. They prefer not to have to get involved in a collection process for the chargebacks.

Woodsmen does securities as well, which is probably why this happened.
Were you actually declined, or just declined for advances? Big difference here.

Dan

I don't know a whole lot about it but I can help you explore it further.

Have you thought about starting out not requesting an advance and once you begin writing business and have some on the books then inquiring about an advance? You may find the preferred companies a little more receptive to doing it that way.

If I can help give me a call.

I will be calling you this week. thanks for the offer.

djs I think it is an advance contract they denied. They won't start me part time, so I think they are out of the picture right now.
Actually I could work as earned on a part time start. I think Frank may have something.

Back